Sundays Thrashin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sundays Thrashin

Hit a protected cove off a river drain and waded deep as we could get. Threw a amber chartreuse Brown devileye paddle tail and the fish were all very cooperative...so much so, that I had my limit of solid trout in about an hour. Ended the day with a nice 26" red on the last cast. Then on the trip back to the ramp, we found a lab pup and a small pig. The lab was on the bank and after fetting it on board, we were able to find its owner who'd been looking for it for 2 hours. The pig was in the muddle of the bayou and all I saw was its snout sticking up...pretty sure it was going under. So now I temporarily have a piglet residing in my 125qt Yeti ice chest. Anyway, it is headed for a wildlife rescue place today.
    Attached Files
    Don't be a Nancy!
    If it smells like fish....you know I've been there!

Monte:

By "Wildlife Rescue Place" I guess ya mean a small fenced in area where ya throw corn and left-overs to fatten Lil' porky up until it's about 40 pounds, then its name changes to "Dinner"?

Let us know-maybe Lil' Porky will make the Black Jack Fishing T as an appetizer!!???
    "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

Nice going, Monte!

Comment

Looks like ya thrashed em pretty good, WTG!

Comment

Nice work... perfectly executed!
          TroutSupport.comsigpic

Comment

Very nice.
            Mirrolure Pro Staff

Comment

Sweet!!
              Shut up and FISH!!

Comment

Originally posted by Robalo View Post
                Monte:

By "Wildlife Rescue Place" I guess ya mean a small fenced in area where ya throw corn and left-overs to fatten Lil' porky up until it's about 40 pounds, then its name changes to "Dinner"?

Let us know-maybe Lil' Porky will make the Black Jack Fishing T as an appetizer!!???
                LoL!
                Don't be a Nancy!
                If it smells like fish....you know I've been there!

Comment

Talk about a good day. Thank God I didn't find that little piglet. my wifes been after me to get her one of those silly little mini pigs. Great catches though.

Comment

Great on the fishing and catching, terrible on the pig - should have killed it.

Comment

Way to go!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Monte;

I think you should name that lil' piglet. "Cochon de Lait" fits nicely and yummy too. Nutritional value is good also (plus ya'd never have to share with Obama or a Muslim):

Nutrition Facts:

Suckling pig

Amount Per 1 oz (28.4 g)100 grams1 lb (453.6 g)1 oz (28.4 g)

Calories 107

% Daily Value*

Total Fat 10 g 15%
                        Saturated fat 3.5 g 17%
                        Polyunsaturated fat 1.1 g
                        Monounsaturated fat 4.5 g
                        Cholesterol 21 mg 7%
                        Sodium 12 mg 0%
                        Potassium 72 mg 2%
                        Total Carbohydrate 0 g 0%
                        Dietary fiber 0 g 0%
                        Sugar 0 g
                        Protein 3.9 g 7%

Vitamin A 0% Vitamin C 0%
                        Calcium 0% Iron 1%
                        Vitamin B-6 5% Vitamin B-12 3%
                        Magnesium 1%
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by Robalo; March 5, 2014, 03:15 PM.
                        "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

That was quite a trip. Thanks for the report!

Comment

Outstanding day ! Made it look easy , good mess of fish , rescueing lost puppies , saving drowning piglets , getting Nel untied and off the tracks before the train came .... All you lack is the cape . Then Robalo goes and gets all coloniel homestead on us .....HAR !
                            GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Wow.., what a trip! Thanks for sharing.

Sent from my iPhone

Comment

Working...
                              X