468x80 Banner

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fishing for reds in marsh and back lakes tactics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fishing for reds in marsh and back lakes tactics?

Alright i am ate up with redfish fever and want the best advice on catching reds in the marsh and back lakes what are some tips and tactics on reds?i have been in alligator slough one time with no success and i want to give it another try and also might hit up saltlake and nicks lake and any other back lakes in the area. Whats the best way to go about fishing like that. Do you mainly fish along the shore ,drift across the middle of lakes anything special i need to know when chasing these fish back there. Thanks a bunch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I drift the grass and keep an eye for the pods busting bait...once I see one I will either use the trolling motor to get a little closer then get out and walk up on them. I much prefer drifting as I get to cover more ground as opposed to getting out of the boat blind...
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Baby Tran Cat View Post
      I drift the grass and keep an eye for the pods busting bait...once I see one I will either use the trolling motor to get a little closer then get out and walk up on them. I much prefer drifting as I get to cover more ground as opposed to getting out of the boat blind...
      10-4 you have a favorite lure you like to throw in the marsh

Comment

stealth!!

Comment

You should book a trip with Steve Soule or either Thomas or Kaylin Barlow. You will learn a lot about catching redfish in the marsh from any of them.

Comment

Originally posted by dPop View Post
            You should book a trip with Steve Soule or either Thomas or Kaylin Barlow. You will learn a lot about catching redfish in the marsh from any of them.
            X2
            Mirrolure Pro Staff

Comment

Do they fish the marsh on west end of Galveston like I listed do y'all know of any that I can pay to come on my boat to set gps tracks to get a better feeling of we're I can and can't go and where hazards are I found one that does this in matty I might get to do but would love to find one that does this in west galveston mostly around chocolate and all the marshes and small bays bastrop Christmas and so on....

Comment

Yes they fish that area. As far as going on your boat to get tracks set. Well you would need to discuss that with them.

Comment

Yes they fish that area. As far as going on your boat to get tracks set. Well you would need to discuss that with them.
                  Have you ever heard of anyone in the area doing that

Comment

Many guides will do it on occasion. I know Steve has done it before. Just going to have to be something you work out with them.

Comment

Many guides will do it on occasion. I know Steve has done it before. Just going to have to be something you work out with them.
                      Sounds good I will have to get in touch with him this summer and see what we come up with

Comment

Thomas Barlow ended my 3 year redfish drought easily. Wish I'd done it sooner!

Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life.
                        "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

Yeah , I know Steve Soule' and he would be highly recommended . He's known as THE SWALLOWIST . He's on the site . Look him up and find threads started by him. He has some marsh redfish trips with photos .
                          GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Call Randall Groves and work something out with him. He knows the area as good or better than anyone....

Comment

Originally posted by BretE View Post
                              Call Randall Groves and work something out with him. He knows the area as good or better than anyone....

Ill have to look into both of them hear his name quite a bit

Comment

Working...
                              X