Truck problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Truck problems

I'm having some trouble with my 2007 F150 Lariat. I don't post here often, but I was wondering if y'all had any ideas why this is happening. My tranny is starting to show some problems and I was thinking why this is happening. The tranny is starting to have a tendency to slip when changing through gears and it feels like a jolt whenever it happens. The truck has about 120K miles on it, but that isn't enough to wear out the tranny, Is it? I've talked to Ford and they quoted me at just over $3K just to ship a brand new one to my house. I would appreciate any advice whatsoever and I will do my best to answer any questions y'all might have.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day, Teach a man to fish and he will sit in a boat and drink beer all day" - Ghandi

check the trans. fluid level. to do this start the truck, let run for a min., then pull trans. dip stick, clean, replace, pull again and see if in operating level. If its low check for leaks in the trans. lines. It will be a red liquid that feels like oil, but smells different. I had the same truck that did they same thing when i would floor it, but it had no leaks... might just be how the trans. is built?

Comment

Have you changed the fluid recently? I know when I did it caused issues. seems like the old fluid kept it happy and changing it made it upset and not right-got no idea why.
      "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

I had it changed right at 100K miles

"Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day, Teach a man to fish and he will sit in a boat and drink beer all day" - Ghandi

Comment

How's the fluid level as asked by Dixiefisher? Have ya taken it to any reputable trans shops for diagnosis (if such exist)? Likely they want to pull it to check and charge about $400 for that. Wonder if the brain/computer would show a code for it?

I hate transmission issues-most of mine have been expensive and then crappily done.
          "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

Haven't been able to check it yet. I will check it at home.

Comment

Originally posted by dixiefisher View Post
              check the trans. fluid level. to do this start the truck, let run for a min., then pull trans. dip stick, clean, replace, pull again and see if in operating level. If its low check for leaks in the trans. lines. It will be a red liquid that feels like oil, but smells different. I had the same truck that did they same thing when i would floor it, but it had no leaks... might just be how the trans. is built?
              When I got home I did what you said and checked the fluid level and it was REALLY overfilled. I even checked the manual to make sure I was reading the dipstick correctly. The manual even warns: "Overfilling of fluid can cause shifting problems and increased wear". I now know not to go back to the guy who changed the fluid 20K miles ago.

Comment

transmissions weren't meant to be opened. 245,000 miles on the chebby and not one time have I done anything to the transmission.

Comment

Originally posted by Gilbert View Post
                  transmissions weren't meant to be opened. 245,000 miles on the chebby and not one time have I done anything to the transmission.
                  I'm guessing you didn't fully read the thread, because I was just asking for some advice. I have already found the culprit and am contacting my mechanic to remove some of this fluid.

Comment

Originally posted by seafox owner View Post
                    When I got home I did what you said and checked the fluid level and it was REALLY overfilled. I even checked the manual to make sure I was reading the dipstick correctly. The manual even warns: "Overfilling of fluid can cause shifting problems and increased wear". I now know not to go back to the guy who changed the fluid 20K miles ago.

Glad to help man! sorry to hear you got screwed over though.. what was the name of the shop so i can avoid em?

Comment

Originally posted by dixiefisher View Post
                      Glad to help man! sorry to hear you got screwed over though.. what was the name of the shop so i can avoid em?
                      It wasn't a shop, it was our neighbor who owns the house next to ours in Terramar Beach, by the name Chris Dangerfield. He is a mechanic at Texas Direct Auto.

Comment

Dumb question but it was running or at least hot when you checked the fluid level right?
                        Shut up and FISH!!

Comment

Originally posted by Ibtsoom View Post
                          Dumb question but it was running or at least hot when you checked the fluid level right?
                          Oh yes, it was

Comment

Originally posted by Gilbert View Post
                            Just creeping!
                            MANVEL MOB

Comment

Originally posted by seafox owner View Post
                              It wasn't a shop, it was our neighbor who owns the house next to ours in Terramar Beach, by the name Chris Dangerfield. He is a mechanic at Texas Direct Auto.

lmao.....a mechanic at a used car lot that is good at covering up the flaws is the cars they sell there. Sounds trustworthy.

Comment

Working...
                              X