Chocolate Bay Blues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chocolate Bay Blues

So me and a buddy launched the yaks at chocolate bayou off of 2004 ramp on saturday. We got in the water 30 min before sunrise. TONS of bait moving in the water, calm morning but nothing was biting. I fished with mostly soft plastics all day changing colors occasionally and changing my speed but i could not figure out why we didn't catch more! The conditions seemed perfect. Have the fished moved to deeper water with this warm weather? I would appreciate any input y'all have as to why it was a slow day fishin so i can be better next time, thanks
    -kdup

Fished out of the same ramp on saturday but not on yaks so we were a good ways from bridge. We had to make the trip short for Easter gatherings but managed 8 trout, 2 reds, and 1 flounder not all keeps. Most all fish were caught in deeper cuts/drains. We had a strong bite for about 30min and then seemed to shut back down just as the tide started moving in. I thought for sure the tide movement was only going to improve things but to the contrary is what we found. Wish I would have been in the hot spot of the day on the falling tide before sunrise. Seemed like the strong incoming tide pushed the fish on to the flats and scattered them because it was a grind after that first bite. I was just glad to get on a few fish even for a short time after the rough day we had in East Bay Friday. Ran from Eagle Point as far as Frenchys and took a beating both directions. Im still scratching my head on Firdays trip as we found slicks and nervous bait on the North Shoreline but never really got on them. Ended up in the bayous on South side and managed a several flounder and put eyes on 20+ red fish but couldnt get them to eat anything in the box.

Comment

Its been a tough bite lately for sure.
      TroutSupport.comsigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TroutSupport View Post
        Sure enough!

Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life.
        "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

Originally posted by TroutSupport View Post
          Yes it has.
          Mirrolure Pro Staff

Comment

Full limits everyday in the diversionary.

NFIC!

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk
            KEEP IT WET..

Comment

Working...
            X