4/24 Galveston

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4/24 Galveston

Headed down to Galveston yesterday to fish with a couple friends of mine. Mike and Matt. We hit the water just as it was light enough to run. It was a tough bite overall but we did ok. Caught some really nice size galveston bay fish.

Pattern. Mud and oyster shell with slicks and active bait; mostly waste to belly deep (but hey, I'm shorter than most). The key to catching them - working the top a little slower and working it with the current and not down current. It was a fickle early bite for sure. A lot of the info that's contained in the TroutSupport DVD's kept us on the fish. Caught 6 for the day and even CPR'd one and missed a couple.

Bone One knocker did the best early but as the sun came up I also caught some under a mauler... a freakin bobber...are you kidding me. NO. Little John rigged about 18" under a click style mauler cork. Fish are keying on surface activity but as the bite slowed I was able to connect with a few more on the plastic but it had to be suspended under the mauler and closer to the surface. Also worked it pretty slow as well.

Had a great day fishing with Mike and Matt... good guys for sure.

t
    Attached Files
    TroutSupport.comsigpic

Nice ... Thanks for the report .
    GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Very nice buddy.
      Mirrolure Pro Staff

Comment

thanks for the report and nice catch!

Comment

Thanks guys it was a good time. I think we ended up with 9 total to about 25.
          TroutSupport.comsigpic

Comment

Nice catch !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

4/24 Galveston

Nice going Tobin. About time you started learning how to fish! Lol!

Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life.
              "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

Great report and fish. Lord Bless.
                robert
                And all things, whatsoever you shall ask in prayer, BELIEVING, YE shall receive. Mathew 21:22.

Comment

Nice catching man!

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk
                  KEEP IT WET..

Comment

....good report Tobin.

Comment

Working...
                    X