Best boat landing net

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best boat landing net

Guess I overworked my old landing net as it gave up the ghost on my last trip. Any suggestions on a heavy duty replacement?

TIA
    Bill

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk
    "You've got to think lucky. If you fall into a mudhole, check your back pocket, you might have caught a fish" - Darrell Royal

I like the Frabill nets with the rubber mesh. The rubber mesh holds up well and my hooks don't get snagged. I use a short handle Frabill in my kayak. Whatever brand you choose, I would avoid the nets with the nylon mesh. That is a hook snagging headache waiting to happen.

JYC
    "Shut up and jerk your croaker" - James Fox

Comment

Thanks JYC. Yeah, I love my rubber mesh wade fishing net and would never go back to the old stuff. Frabill makes a ton of different styles and sizes, and seem to be well regarded. Just wondering about hoop size, net depth, telescoping handle, etc... What is working for others.

ATB
      "You've got to think lucky. If you fall into a mudhole, check your back pocket, you might have caught a fish" - Darrell Royal

Comment

X2 with JYC. I won mine at the FWE Raffle awhile back-the net has a telescoping handle, rubberized net and can net a 42"+ drum.
        "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

Hiya Robalo... any idea what model of Frabill you got?

TIA

Comment

Originally posted by Robalo View Post
            X2 with JYC. I won mine at the FWE Raffle awhile back-the net has a telescoping handle, rubberized net and can net a 42"+ drum.
            Yeah Jerry.....bet you can't wait to USE IT!! HAR!!!
            Captain, Galveston County Blue Team Fish Killers
            "Fishing Guide"-A person who contributes to the delinquency of a liar.

Comment

Rubber mesh is the way to go .
              GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Picked up a new rubber mesh last week at baad marine, go check them out.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk
                KEEP IT WET..

Comment

X2

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Baad Marine really has a big selection of merchandise as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Spending that money D

Comment

BAAD on Hwy 6 has some good stuff, also Grind TT has an online store, Hookset Marine gear or Hookspit.
                        We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Originally posted by Termo View Post
                          Yeah Jerry.....bet you can't wait to USE IT!! HAR!!!
                          This one:

Was glad I won that net. Was hoping for the annual FWE Black Drum contest this year-was nailing em this year at the Pass.
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by Robalo; May 1, 2014, 09:00 AM.
                          "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

Nice going, Jerry! Looks as if it works pretty well, Termo.

Comment

Originally posted by H.Maier View Post
                              Nice going, Jerry! Looks as if it works pretty well, Termo.
                              Yeah...looks like I can't pick on Jerry anymore! may need to borrow his net now. Mine has cobwebs in it!
                              Captain, Galveston County Blue Team Fish Killers
                              "Fishing Guide"-A person who contributes to the delinquency of a liar.

Comment

Working...
                              X