Chocolate Bay's Long Reef Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chocolate Bay's Long Reef Question

Is Long Reef in Chocolate Bay marked by PVC pipes or other markings? Thanks.

No, not really-it is mark with motor skegs!!
    "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

Somebody graciously pulled up most all of the white poles marking the reefs in chocolate. Don't know who did it but they're jerks.
      Shut up and FISH!!

Comment

Ive heard about these reefs and have always been curious about them, Ive always thought the two ares that run almost perpendicular to each other were it but have never had anyone confirm it for me.
        Click image for larger version

Name:	choclatebayreef.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	44.2 KB
ID:	560818

Comment

I've always been told the one running from the channel towards Hall's lake is long reef. Was told this years ago. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Comment

Arrow to the right is long reef.

Comment

Either one is great to fish but terrible to navigate! Robalo needs to rename them something outa his vocabulary to fit them more other than Long Reef! Getting to mouth of Wharton Camp is always a challenge for an old man that cant see and with a deep draft boat.
              "Nobody's so poor that somebody can't get rich screwing 'em."

Comment

Originally posted by mgstei1 View Post
                Either one is great to fish but terrible to navigate! Robalo needs to rename them something outa his vocabulary to fit them more other than Long Reef! Getting to mouth of Wharton Camp is always a challenge for an old man that cant see and with a deep draft boat.
                Lol. Still looking forward to going with someone who knows how to navigate the reefs and water in the bay. Every time I get with superspook, we end up on my spots in Galveston bay.

Comment

well, when the wind calms down lets go. learn how to use that GPS you have and we can go out on Rays boat so you can mark them.
                  the fishing was good,it was the catching that was bad.

Comment

10-4.

Comment

nfic
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by GregG View Post
                        Arrow to the right is long reef.
                        X2

Comment

Ppl pulled them due to boats sitting on top all day soaking baits !!

Comment

Take it slow and drift it and you will be fine .

Comment

Originally posted by Tran22 Kyle View Post
                              Take it slow and drift it and you will be fine .
                              that sounds like smart advice .. Thanks . I know nothing about that area and would like to learn it . SPOOK , you know it ?
                              GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Working...
                              X