Bastrop Bay and Cold Pass area

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bastrop Bay and Cold Pass area

So how's the fishing been around the Cold Pass and Bastrop Bay area? I haven't fished this area yet this year and was thinking about heading down that way this upcoming weekend. Anyone been having any luck?

Probably heading that way regardless this weekend, just thought I'd see what happening.

I did talk yesterday with an ol working bud that has a house on Bastrop Bayou and he said its been great the last few days with Reds and Trout being taken but not many flatties. Specs under the lights was a sure thing. Water is great shape.
    He was sweating the rain forecast though.
    "Nobody's so poor that somebody can't get rich screwing 'em."

Comment

Cool...thanks for the reply. I love fishing that area I just always seem to find myself heading to watch the circus act in east matty. I guess I just don't have a lot of confidence fishing this area as I'm fairly new to it.

Comment

Like any area , you have to spend time on the water . You might find it's your new favorite area .
        GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Originally posted by plugger View Post
          Like any area , you have to spend time on the water . You might find it's your new favorite area .

I definitely agree with you on needing to spend more time on the water and learning the area. I can say that I like the feel of the area more than that of Sargent and east mat but I've spent most of my time fishing over there so that's usually where I point the truck and go.

I would like to get closer to the bird island and pass area and start wading again. I can't tell you the last time I got out of the boat to fish.

Comment

Great wading in the area around there but you have to be careful. The tide rips through there really fast and has a tendency to undermine your footing if you wade off in the wrong spot.
            Shut up and FISH!!

Comment

That is a concern I have for that area. Probably the main reason I haven't waded there yet...that and the fact of not knowing the area and sand bars. My oldest son (13) is really bugging me about wade fishing this year so I told him we would give it a go somewhere while momma and the younger boy most likely stay in the boat.

Comment

Originally posted by Reynolds4 View Post
                That is a concern I have for that area. Probably the main reason I haven't waded there yet...that and the fact of not knowing the area and sand bars. My oldest son (13) is really bugging me about wade fishing this year so I told him we would give it a go somewhere while momma and the younger boy most likely stay in the boat.
                When I wade a new area, I take it very slow and never overextend myself. In areas with known tide conditions (SLP, Mosquito Island), I wear my PFD.
                "Shut up and jerk your croaker" - James Fox

Comment

Originally posted by Jerkyourcroaker View Post
                  When I wade a new area, I take it very slow and never overextend myself. In areas with known tide conditions (SLP, Mosquito Island), I wear my PFD.
                  Absolutely!

Comment

Working...
                  X