Cold Pass wade?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cold Pass wade?

Buddy of mine was saying cold pass near san luis was good to wade. Any thoughts/comments? I wasn't sure if he was trying to get me to go walking around "no mans land" as a prank on the rookie.

Too dangerous in my opinion ! Ripping currents , deep , boggy mud near the banks in most places I've been . I've boated it but got my best feel for it kayaking and probing the banks with my paddle . I almost got my self killed when a newbie by walking off the bank of the old RV park / launch opposite Titlam Tatlum Bayou . I took one step , second step had no bottom . I pivoted around and clawed my way up the bank . You can park on the road and slog around the edge of the cove near the bend of Cold Pass and the bottom parrallel to Cold Pass is wadable . You are fishing with the cove to your back . The cove itself is a waist deep mud bottom . That's the only place I know you can wade into Cold Pass safely albeit a long muddy walk to get there .
    GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Thanks for the info....I think my buddy was messin with me now.....

Comment

Wear a PFD or EZ Wade belt . At least tow a Do-nut .
        GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Guys fish that cove mouth ... Only place I know of .

Comment

Ask them where .

Comment

That cove ya'll are talking about is the silted in remnants of little pass.

It's the only walk in place I know of too to wade cold pass.

Comment

I like wading that area to the west. I park at the old Sy's bait camp and wade northeast toward Churchill Bayou. The channel is marked and I have caught a trout or two there. I've never fished west of Sy's but I'm sure it is wadeable too.
                "Shut up and jerk your croaker" - James Fox

Comment

JYC , I don't know where old SY's bait camp is ... I'm not aware of any public road access to Cold Pass .

Comment

Originally posted by plugger View Post
                    JYC , I don't know where old SY's bait camp is ... I'm not aware of any public road access to Cold Pass .
                    Where he is talking about is Christmas Bay, not Cold Pass.

Sy's was also known as Ernie's before Ike. It's at the end if the road across from the condos at access #6.

Comment

OK , I know ERNIE's 2 on Christmas Bay . But , we're talking about Cold Pass and that threw me off . I didn't know about SY's bait camp location .

Comment

Thanks for all the info guys, I might give a shot. Ill be with the wife surf fishing San Luis Pass Wednesday.

Comment

Working...
                        X