5/26: SLP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5/26: SLP

I walked into SLP this morning at 0545 hoping I would have some peace and be able to make my getaway before the noodleheads were out of bed. I was first in the pool but wasn't alone for long. I popped one nice trout on a chrome/blue spook right at dawn and that was it for the day.

I normally wouldnt go on a holiday weekend but HISD was in school today and my wife had to work. My choices were to go fishing or stay home and do laundry. I went fishing. After the 20th guy idled up and asked me some combination of 'what'd you catch 'er on....yuck yuck', 'any bites....har', 'is that the red tide (seaweed)?'.....I went home and did laundry. Win-win.

Happy Memorial Day all. Semper Paratus.
    "Shut up and jerk your croaker" - James Fox

That's why I don't get on the water on holiday weekends. Its been raining most all day here so Ive been doing the same. LAUNDRY!!!!
    Mirrolure Pro Staff

Comment

Thanks for the report. Galv was extremely crowded this year. I think the news said it was a record or something.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      "I love the smell of napalm and watermelon slicks in the mornin'...."

Comment

I hardly left the house this weekend, and when I did I was quite sorry I had.

Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life.
        "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

The sandbar had about 100 boats on it. There were idiots everywhere
          Karma's a beach.

Comment

I plugged away gardening in the back yard until 4 pm when the pops of lightening finally freaked me out and I skunked indoors and showered .
            GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

A lot of boats at the sandbar is a bad thing??? Snapper season was in full swing there this weekend.
              "If our father had his say, nobody who did not know how to catch a fish would be allowed to disgrace a fish by catching him." Norman Maclean, from A River Runs Through It

Comment

Originally posted by GHSmacker View Post
                A lot of boats at the sandbar is a bad thing??? Snapper season was in full swing there this weekend.
                Did you get a limit?

Comment

Had snapchats from buddies out there it looked fun!

Comment

I like the description of your trip...that's almost a fishing report...and it made me laugh.
                    TroutSupport.comsigpic

Comment

Did you go to another spot afterwards? I talked to your buddy I think.
                      Resident Ninja

Comment

Yep. I waded all the way over to the boat channel and back and nada. Sorry I didn't get to say hello.
                        "Shut up and jerk your croaker" - James Fox

Comment

Where is this "sandbar" referred to up in this thread? Asking for a friend.

Comment

Originally posted by JT View Post
                            Did you get a limit?
                            Tried like a SOB...the limits out there are very generous.

Rum and snapper fishing go hand in hand. TTUwader may have fared better than I.
                            "If our father had his say, nobody who did not know how to catch a fish would be allowed to disgrace a fish by catching him." Norman Maclean, from A River Runs Through It

Comment

The sandbar is a legendary place, filled with sirens and free flowing liquor. Some say it's mythical, kind of like the Fountain of Youth or the city of Atlantis...an oasis in the middle of a watery desert.

Comment

Working...
                              X