Anyone a Plumber?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone a Plumber?

I need to run a gas line for a range at the house and I'm looking for advice / help.
    Shut up and FISH!!

Are you in the city? Check to see what type of pipe you should use. Is the line to be run underground? Buy materials made for natural gas only. Question is which type of connections to use at joints so they will not leak. Could buy a roll of copper tubing and compression fittings at turns/ connections. Look on internet for tips. Mote later...

Comment

Looked on 'net for tips, use special tape made for natural gas, check for leaks, could use 1/2" galv pipe, check for leaks with soap. Doesn't seem that hard except for cutting/threading the pipe to correct lengths. Overkill on the leak checks...

Comment

Pulled a permit today. Gotta use 1" galvanized and coated on the transitions. I think I can handle it. Gotta rent a pipe threader though.
        Shut up and FISH!!

Comment

Home Depot will cut and thread pipe for free. If you can bring them the measurements.
          What Would Hans Wagemueller Do?

Comment

Guy jumps outa airplane and his chute wont open so he is struggling and cussin on his way down. He looks down and here comes a guy coming up at him. He hollers at him when they pass and asks "you know anything about parachutes ?"
            The guy hollers back " NO, but do you know anything about lighting gas stoves ?"

Be careful running that pipe! 1 little leak is bad news. Make sure the dies are for fuel piping.
            So glad I was an electrician.
            "Nobody's so poor that somebody can't get rich screwing 'em."

Comment

My dad is a master plumber for over 30 years owned his own biz for 20 281-808-9915 ask for Curtis tell him Garrett his son told you about it
              Your a daisy if ya do

Comment

Yeah I was a journeyman a lifetime ago. Wiring makes much more sense to me.
                Shut up and FISH!!

Comment

Just make sure you leak test the new piping with soap at each joint and each elbow; you should be ok. And then test it again! Gas leak in house makes for heap big noise...good luck!

Comment

I have to test the whole system at +5psi. I'll snoop everything while I have it pressured up.
                    Shut up and FISH!!

Comment

Does it have to be inspectd under pressure?

Comment

Working...
                      X