Google earth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Google earth

What's happened to google earth ' s view of the bays ? It looks like the water area has been blocked out . I was trying to see the slp guts .
    GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

looks fine to me.
    "GET OFF MY REEF!"

Comment

if you click on the little clock with the green arrow (at top on "tool bar") you can pick a previous taken picture to find a better quality image.

Comment

F--- google earth

Comment

A buddy on his computer has the same problem . I'll try the green box thing . I know we can access past images but i want something current , not last year . Kenny , i guess you are just special . Jeepers jt !
          GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Mine is working ok.
            The picture is dated 10/28/12. Thought that was a little strange, so I downloaded it again.
            Same results as to the date of picture.

Comment

Originally posted by JT View Post
              F--- google earth

Comment

Stand-by Plugger, let me get a hold of NASA to get them to turn some satellites around to get a current picture. They are just down the road. Har, Har, Har!
                Fishwhisperer

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	SLP 11:1:2012 2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	56.3 KB
ID:	560867
                  Latest image 11/1/2012

Comment

When I get on Google Earth the water has no detail . Yeah , I can go back to November 2012 for a good picture . I can also get a picture of 1969 which is interesting . Those guts can be the same for several years . But one spring you can go out there and it's totally different . Fishing use to be great behind the toll booth , white stakes in some places on both ends of a guts sweet spot . Then one spring it's all different and the fishing changed for the worse . I want go see if the guts have changed . You can form a mental picture and I've printed a picture and taken it with me in the Kayak to get my bearings . A gut that tapers off into a flat can be a ambush point with an incoming tide . I use to have places like that before the last major change . I know one gut that necks down then widens . The drop off sides where it widens is always good for at least one flounder for instance . Still , I don't know why opening up Good Earth the water is basically without detail .

Comment

Originally posted by rtoler View Post
                      Stand-by Plugger, let me get a hold of NASA to get them to turn some satellites around to get a current picture. They are just down the road. Har, Har, Har!
                      get on it Randy. !

Comment

Trseato , your date line goes to 1/2014 . Mine ends at 2012 . Do you have Google Earth Pro ?

Comment

I see what you mean Plugger. Last time I looked at San Luis pass there was more detail in the water.
                          "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

Thank you , Bruce . I don't get it .

Comment

Originally posted by plugger View Post
                              Thank you , Bruce . I don't get it .
                              Apparently, neither do I!
                              "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

Working...
                              X