Sea Fox Boats????? Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sea Fox Boats????? Help

I'm looking at buying a sea fox boat this week it's a 2006 20' with a 2005 mercury saltwater 150 2 stoke.... Any advice would be helpful I don't know much (only what I've found online) about sea fox
    Tight Lines and Calm Seas and remember to enjoy life with friends

Don't rush to buy a boat you don't know much about . It's a great price , I want a boat , buy it now or loose it . If it sells out from under you , another will come a long . You don't want a boat you end up not happy with . You need to know what you want in a boat to fit those desires then research those boats and bide your time watching those that come on the market .
    GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

I've looked over the lay out and design of the boat an of the things I wanted it to be able to do( fish, hold everyone in the family to ride around comfortably and do I little tubing being a plus (I have lots of niece and nephews)) this boat seems like it would be good at all but not the best at any.... And I understand picking out a boat is all about compromise.... I'm always heard great things about mercury motor and know lots of people that have had them over the years... I just don't have or know anyone that has experience with sea fox boats and that's really my concern...

Don't want to rush into it but also don't want to kick myself in the *** later

Comment

I have one friend that owns a Sea Fox and he loves it. He's had it since '09. Personally, I reckon that anything made by Carolina Skiff is going to be solid. I've owned my 17DLX for almost 5 years and I LOVE it. As for the Merc, I'll let others pipe in on that.
        From 1970-1997, true heaven on Earth existed on the banks of Bayou Cook. "Hey Dad, Thanks for buying the Camp."

Comment

I had a 2011 220xt. It was my first boat and the family and I enjoyed it. The pros are that it has a ton of storage, lots of room, and overall a safe family boat. I fished mainly in East and West Bay without any real problems. I put a power pole on it so I could do some wade fishing, but the only problem I had was its not very shallow. It gets a little sketchy under 2 ft. I sold it in 2 weeks on boat trader to a guy that skis with it on Lake Austin. I had Sport Marine build me a JH that I absolutely love now.

Hope that helps. I would test drive it before you buy it if you can. I kept my boat immaculate, but not everyone does, so just cover your bases.

Good luck!

Comment

It is a great help... I'm hoping to test drive it... It's at a dealership in Houston area going to look at it Thursday

Comment

How many hours are on the engine? Service records? Something to think about.
              Beandaddy

Comment

Hours unknown.... Dealer said the my had record from last year when they serviced te boat and supposedly doing a complete engine service on the motor this week

Comment

I currently own a Sea Fox (as you can tell), and I love it. It is a 20 foot model with a Suzuki DF140 Four Stroke engine. The boat itself is very solid and does well in rough conditions. As Dondo said, it is not the shallowest boat, but I don't like getting into really shallow water. It has plenty of storage and enough seating for everyone, plus it has 2 large live wells for bait and fish. I hope you decide on buying a Sea Fox.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  "Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day, Teach a man to fish and he will sit in a boat and drink beer all day" - Ghandi

Comment

What year is your boat? The one I'm looking at is a 2006 model 206dc

Comment

Mine is a 2007 Bay Fisher

"Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day, Teach a man to fish and he will sit in a boat and drink beer all day" - Ghandi

Comment

What are something's you would suggest to check out on the boat?

Comment

A boat that goes really shallow like my tunnel hull Explorer isn't going to be very good for tubbing / towing . It'll slide sideways when turning because it has a flat bottom . If it's a Carolina Skiff it ought to be a rugged all around utility boat .
                          GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

My son and his friends go tubing all the time with my boat and I like to occasionally go waterskiing

Comment

Running skinny it's a big concern of mine hell even where I wade its normally 3-4 ft

Comment

Working...
                              X