Finally got my copy of Plugger

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally got my copy of Plugger

This book by Rudy Grigar was not easy for me to find, but finally got it and am pumped to get into it. I made my first surf wade a couple weeks ago and had a successful day (in greenhorn terms)- between a buddy and myself, we brought home 11 specks, 8 whiting, 1 red, and a couple gafftop. Most of them were caught with us standing on the second bar. That trip got me wanting to trade in the scanoe for some chest waders!

Jimmy

Great book. You'll enjoy it.

Comment

It's a good book, I grew up with him on the next street over and still remember that old station wagon with the Heddon Lures sticker on the side of it. I remember heading out of the bayou going to a close in reef to wade and seeing him pass us up, on plane, heading south to the Pass. (in '77, Daddy wouldn't take a 12 y/o to wade the Pass)

But you have a good book to read, even better the passion to go out and find them.
      Congrats on a good outing, Go get Em !

Comment

Good read. Lost my copy in Ike, may have to keep my eyes open for another.

Comment

I liked it , keep me reading tell I was done !
          10x spelling bee champ ...... For a full report go to DEANOKNOWS.COM

Comment

I've read it twice it's great!
            Tight Lines

Comment

I have a first edition hard back and a paper back.
              I'll give away the paper back, first come first serve.
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FBLbrJxGtro
              Not that much different than a Karankawa indian hunting the shallows at night with a torch and a spear.

Comment

Bring it to SLP this weekend! I will trade ya some beers for it. Actually, if someone who never read it wants to take you up on it that is cool with me.

Comment

Where can I get a copy?
                  Bacon Bacon Bacon!!!

Comment

I ordered it off of Amazon. The first few times I tried there were none available, but i kept checking and found a paperback in decent shape for $15.

Comment

Originally posted by corndog View Post
                      Where can I get a copy?
                      PM sent

Comment

Great book, has some really useful stuff in it, and some great pics. Had the pleasure to meet him one morning wading in X-mas bay some 30years ago or so. In fact he showed me how to tie a loop knot on a pluggin shorty... Heard he retired to Utopia, Tx.

Comment

Originally posted by Milkjug View Post
                          Bring it to SLP this weekend! I will trade ya some beers for it. Actually, if someone who never read it wants to take you up on it that is cool with me.
                          Ok Yan, it's yours.
                          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FBLbrJxGtro
                          Not that much different than a Karankawa indian hunting the shallows at night with a torch and a spear.

Comment

Originally posted by corndog View Post
                            Where can I get a copy?
                            Deano
                            MANVEL MOB

Comment

I have the hardback that I read years ago and shamelessly took his moniker as my own .
                              GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Working...
                              X