Big Ugly: Shattered Blockade Runners Record

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big Ugly: Shattered Blockade Runners Record

I was just fishin' for trout under the lights. Had a tandem sparkle beetle rig paired with 12 lb. test Sufix mono. This sucker didn't know it was hooked for about 5 minutes. When it found out, all heck broke loose. Took me for several rides in all directions, even went under the dock and I had to pass the rod underneath. At 2 separate points I had only a few wraps left on the reel. Bent the heck out of the net when we landed it. Previous dock record was only 18 inches. This one went 46 and the scale bottomed out hard at 50. I'm guessing 65 lbs. and I truly believe it was probably more. It was THICK! She left after a quick picture and revival massage. I said on at least 5 occasions, "There is no way I'm landing this fish." We got lucky when it went for another run under the dock and swam into the net.
    Attached Files
    From 1970-1997, true heaven on Earth existed on the banks of Bayou Cook. "Hey Dad, Thanks for buying the Camp."

Dats a brute! Wtg coach
    MANVEL MOB

Comment

Dude, on 12lb test?

WOW!!!!

Comment

That things big.
        Mirrolure Pro Staff

Comment

WTG Sandy!

Sent from my iPhone

Comment

Well , yeah , you broke the dock record big time . That's a hoss .
            GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Heck yea!! Congrats on a fine catch and the new record.
              Pro Staff - Bounty Hunter Turbo Buzz, Creme Lures, New Pro Products, & K9 Fishing Fluorocarbon

Comment

Cool you look happy !
                10x spelling bee champ ...... For a full report go to DEANOKNOWS.COM

Comment

Great job on 12 lb line

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Awesome Sandy!
                    Shut up and FISH!!

Comment

That things big.
                      Fish is pretty good-sized too! J/K bud, really nice catch. I know the coonarse in you wanted to cook 'em up

Comment

Wow!!!!

Comment

That took some determination and skill landing that hog!!
                          Kinda like putting socks on a rooster!! That had to be a huge excitement to you!!
                          "Nobody's so poor that somebody can't get rich screwing 'em."

Comment

Gosh and Golly! That's very, very cool!
                            At his baptism, Sam Houston was told his sins were washed away. He reportedly replied, “I pity the fish downstream.” - Nov. 19, 1854 - Independence, Texas

Comment

so I'm still confused, who's the big ugly?

Comment

Working...
                              X