Bird Island

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bird Island

Took my boat for the first time to West bay. I anchored up around bird island and around the cold pass area last thursday and friday. You could not have asked for better days to fish. I got a late start both mornings due to my knucklehead friend who cant tell time apparently. Finally count was 4 slot reds, 2 slot specs, and 2 nice flatties. I can only imagine what my numbers could have been if i would have gotten on the water at day break. Needless to say my buddy will not be receiving any invites any time soon. haha

Keep those lines tight gentleman!!

If anyone wants to show me some spots in West bay BEER, BAIT, and gas are on me shoot me a PM

Sounds like a good trip

Comment

Wait a minute-I went out Saturday am-early and got skunked-of course two boats were in my spot-but dint see them catch anything either.

Catchingking-sheeet, I'll supply beer, bait and gas to fish your spots!!
      "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

When I was in the military I was well known when I said I was leaving at a certain time and people didn't show up, so I left. I would get approached by the individuals and I would tell them they were old enough and not their mother. When I would say I was leaving, people were already at the truck. Never had anymore problems after that. You lead by example. Either that, or they'll take advantage of you. Lord Bless.
        robert
        And all things, whatsoever you shall ask in prayer, BELIEVING, YE shall receive. Mathew 21:22.

Comment

Sounds like a good trip. Too bad y'all got a late start both days. First time shame on me; second time shame on you... Thanks for the report!

Comment

Originally posted by Silver Wolf View Post
            When I was in the military I was well known when I said I was leaving at a certain time and people didn't show up, so I left. I would get approached by the individuals and I would tell them they were old enough and not their mother. When I would say I was leaving, people were already at the truck. Never had anymore problems after that. You lead by example. Either that, or they'll take advantage of you. Lord Bless.
            robert
            This!

Sent from my iPhone

Comment

Originally posted by Robalo View Post
              Wait a minute-I went out Saturday am-early and got skunked-of course two boats were in my spot-but dint see them catch anything either.

Catchingking-sheeet, I'll supply beer, bait and gas to fish your spots!!
              HAR !
              GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

If someone invites me to fish their boat , I'm at the launch waders , boots , jacket on , gear bag and rod in hand when they roll in . Respect the invitation .
                GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Originally posted by plugger View Post
                  If someone invites me to fish their boat , I'm at the launch waders , boots , jacket on , gear bag and rod in hand when they roll in . Respect the invitation .
                  Meet me at my dock at 849 Marlin, Bayou Vista in the morning but leave your waders at home..., I am on the hunt in the AM[emoji1]

Sent from my iPhone

Comment

What day ? How big a boat you got ? Might have about 20 people !

Comment

Robalo- Ive read alot about you on this site and i have to say im honored you would offer to take me fishing. I try and make it to west bay at least once a week to either wade or now use the boat. Ill let you know the next time im planning something. I do have a quick question, how important is wind direction when fishing the bay? I have noticed i catch the most when its a SSW about 5-10 mph. Is this just s coincidence or is there something to wind direction after all?

Comment

Originally posted by S-troop View Post
                        Meet me at my dock at 849 Marlin, Bayou Vista in the morning but leave your waders at home..., I am on the hunt in the AM[emoji1]

Sent from my iPhone
                        Nice offer !
                        10x spelling bee champ ...... For a full report go to DEANOKNOWS.COM

Comment

Sent from my iPhone
                          Do it!

What am I saying?! Tom, I'll talk to you Saturday!
                          "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

[QUOTE=S-troop;317161]Meet me at my dock at 849 Marlin, Bayou Vista in the morning but leave your waders at home..., I am on the hunt in the AM[emoji1]

Sent from my iPhone[/QUOTE
                            I am so sorry . I just read your invitation just now , Saturday , October 25 , when plowing through my 400 plus e-mails I've neglected . I missed the post originally and never saw it . Thank you for the invitation and I hope for another . I'm better at arriving than replying evidently ! HAR !

Comment

[QUOTE=plugger;317632]

Sent from my iPhone[/QUOTE
                              I am so sorry . I just read your invitation just now , Saturday , October 25 , when plowing through my 400 plus e-mails I've neglected . I missed the post originally and never saw it . Thank you for the invitation and I hope for another . I'm better at arriving than replying evidently ! HAR !
                              No problem Henry.., was a bad day catching and lucky that I did not blow up coming back in. Motor started running rough when I idled down but ran fine at speed. Almost hit the wall at the railroad bridge when it tried to die, had to run a little faster than normal coming back in the canals to the dock. Then right at the dock, it died and the wind started pushing me into the neighbors dock, lucky, I got the TM deployed, plugged in and the IPilot control fired up just in time! Trolled around and pulled the TM up just in time to miss the sling. Later, I pulled the cowling and fire it up to find a stream of gas spraying from a hose.

One spark and it would have been bad. Fixed it and cleaned up the gas and now ready to go again.

Sent from my iPhone

Comment

Working...
                              X