Looking for a SMALL boat barn E/W Galv., Freeport or Xmas bay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for a SMALL boat barn E/W Galv., Freeport or Xmas bay

My "real" boat has been left in TN for the winter. I have a small 11 foot long kayak that I will use here for once a week fishing, weekdays only.

Since transporting the yak with my van isn't working out (see below)..I think I want to just leave it 5 miles or less from the water, and then slip it into the back of my van, when I arrive from home.

Anyone know of a reasonably priced, safe, small boat barn, with 24 hours access.... that I can rent? I can easily transport the yak a short ( couple of miles ) distance, so it surely doesn't have to be on the water.

My dilemma....

My van is too high, and the yak is too heavy, for this old guy to push the yak onto the roof.

Today, I tried hauling the yak inside of the van, but I had to leave the hatch open, due to the yak's length. Headaches, dizziness and an upset stomach tells me that I was inhaling carbon monoxide and other **** hauling the yak 80 miles over our crowded interstates.

I don't want to buy a trailer, since then I'd have to add a hitch; rent a boat barn; pay double tolls; license it..etc.etc..etc. Been there, done that.

richg99
    Looking for a solution.

Buy a truck? Just messing with ya.

There used to be a boat storage by TX City Dike-just north of it-may have been washed away by Ike. Boat storage near Sea Isle and I think by Jamaica Beach-have no idea what the prices are. several just nE of the dike/levee near surfside on east side of 332.
    "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

Yea, any of those places might work fine. I am hoping someone driving by could grab me a couple of phone numbers. It's an 80 mile one way drive for me, so I don't want to go down there and not be able to get in or get info. They are rarely staffed during the weekdays.

Any and all help appreciated. Rich

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Originally posted by Robalo View Post
      Buy a truck? Just messing with ya.

There used to be a boat storage by TX City Dike-just north of it-may have been washed away by Ike. Boat storage near Sea Isle and I think by Jamaica Beach-have no idea what the prices are. several just nE of the dike/levee near surfside on east side of 332.

Comment

Someone here should know some places and numbers. Sorry Rich-I don't have any good advice as to exact places. Maybe someone will let you keep it at their house or maybe try calling the West End Marina-maybe they can have ya leave it at their boatlift area or ??under lock and chain for a small fee???
        "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

Lutes Marina. Or Amsterdamn residents.
          "Nobody's so poor that somebody can't get rich screwing 'em."

Comment

Lute's is a good suggestion. Good folks and great fishing in that area and storage just not sure on prices and all that. They have a Web page I believe.

Comment

Working...
            X