Wind direction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wind direction

Hey guys had a question about wind direction in while fishing in West bay. When wade fishing around redfish cove does the direction of wind have any effect of fishing? ive noticed the catch is better on days when the wind is out of the south but wasnt sure if that was a coincidence.

Keep those lines tight!

Any wind with west in it sucks for west bay. Any other is fine. Even on the worst days you can generally find some fishable water though.
    Shut up and FISH!!

Comment

Or a hard east wind-screws up the bay also.
      "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

Wind any direction aint good for fishing. But when the bite is on, it don't matter.
        "Nobody's so poor that somebody can't get rich screwing 'em."

Comment

It don't matter to me. Cast into the wind or perpendicular to the wind. If water is messed up, go to where it's not messed up. Still catch fish even if water is dirty. If the fish feel the bait and are hungry, they'll hit it. I've caught fish in 25 mph wind. Hope this helps. Lord Bless.
          robert
          And all things, whatsoever you shall ask in prayer, BELIEVING, YE shall receive. Mathew 21:22.

Comment

Usually a lee shore line has clearer water which enables the fish to see their prey better thus fishing can be better . A windward shoreline has dirtier water and generally is less productive for catching fish . But , such wind can push bait up against such a shoreline and fish will feed on them . So , generally clearer water is better but fish can be in off color water . Guys have found fish in places where they reasonably shouldn't be . Go by guidelines but think outside the box . Your south wind Redfish Cove catching fish isn't a rule . A lot of factors come into play , some we don't know . Time spent fishing , observing , experimenting is key . Learn , read , listen but nothing is better than time spent on the water . It takes time . Trout Support dvd's are good . Pat Murray's a NO NONSENSE GUIDE TO COASTAL FISHING is a good primer .
            GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Well yeah , windy conditions can cause fishermen not to go fishing so they won't catch fish at home . But , if they do go fishing and find the right area in those windy conditions where fish are , they will catch fish .
              GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Oops , I'm out .

Comment

Lmao
                  MANVEL MOB

Comment

Working...
                  X