468x80 Banner

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

11/1 report- First Successful Lure trip!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 11/1 report- First Successful Lure trip!

My First successful Lure Trip!
    Hit up redfish cove for a wade around 1:30 PM. Decided to start with soft plastics in the grass lines without any bites. Moved out to deeper water (waist deep) and threw a gold spoon and a yo-zuri 3d shrimp without any bites. Around 5 I decieded to head back to the grass lines and work some more soft plastics. Tried different colors including red/white, chartreause, and plum. Got to give my boy Mark (Westbaytroutassassin) props, because it was a color that he introduced me to that did the trick. That bait was a Norton Sand eel in tequila gold with a chartreause tail.
    My very first case a 20 inch red slammed it as soon as it hit the water. This was my first saltwater fish on a lure! Exciting times. Kept working the grass line and about 30 mins later I saw a tail swimming near the grass and cast over it. I didn't feel the bite, but I saw my line shifting sideways (I remember bass used to do this), so I let him get a good hold of it (7-10 seconds), then set the hook. Another 20 incher. Kept working the grass lines and enjoyed one of the most beautiful sunsets I've seen down there. Walking back to the truck at near dark I caught 2 more small reds. One of these bit while I was just reeling the bait back in semi-quickly. I found this odd.
    I'm making the transition to Lure fishing and Very excited about this trip.

Jimmy

Fantastic report. You'll find it's also cheaper than buying bait or spending time with a cast net. Been there and done that. WTG. Lord Bless.
    robert
    And all things, whatsoever you shall ask in prayer, BELIEVING, YE shall receive. Mathew 21:22.

Comment

X 2 on the report , good fishing
      10x spelling bee champ ...... For a full report go to DEANOKNOWS.COM

Comment

Congrats! Thanks for the report.
        "Shut up and jerk your croaker" - James Fox

Comment

Way to go Jimmy! Lure fishing becomes quite addictive!
          "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

Very nice report and congrats.
            Mirrolure Pro Staff

Comment

Originally posted by Jerkyourcroaker View Post
              Congrats! Thanks for the report.
              X2

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Congrats! Welcome to the addiction. Lol
                Shut up and FISH!!

Comment

Thanks for the report ! Fishing with artificials ... that's angling ! Stalking prey . Often it's wise to zig- zag shallow then deep and repeat to find fish . You did well !
                  GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Awesome!! Yep fool um don't feed um!!!!

Comment

Congrats! Make sure you shuffle there ....
                      "I love the smell of napalm and watermelon slicks in the mornin'...."

Comment

Working...
                      X