Boat hesitation issue little help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boat hesitation issue little help

I have a 2011 140 Suzuki on my boat and I recently started developing a problem. I did a complete maint. this last weekend. new plugs, water separator, oil change, new water pump, and cleaned and painted my lower unit. what's happening is. I will either be coming up or winding down and between 30-40RPM I get a rev limit and oil light like its starving but never shuts off. I get below 30RPM and it levels out. I shut down and restart and off I go without any loss in power, no overheating and peeing strong. Any ideas on this? It doesn't do it all day, kind of comes and goes as it pleases.

I had a leak in my fuel filter that was giving me similar symptoms.

Comment

I did take a look at that filter. it looks fixed with two small lines coming off of it. It doesn't look like one that you can unscrew and just clean out. Im going to pick one up and replace it anyways. thanks for the suggestion

Comment

A bad sensor? Like oil level sensor? I'm sure ya checked the oil level after changing it?? Oil pump in engine (hope not)?

Evans Marine is where I'd take it.
        "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

Sure did. I did a warm up to operating with 5 quarts. Then added the 6th. ran idle for 20min. then let sit and checked it. looked great. I was thinking oil pump, or oil sensor but wasn't sure if symptoms met criteria and I have very quiet lifters and engine noise without knocks, no overheating. What do you think?

Comment

Sensor, but gee, if it aint and it's something major, kaboom goes the motor and wallet! I'd take it to Bryan at Evans and have him check it.
            "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

Will do Robalo. Your right better be safe then sorry

Comment

cheaper to have it checked by a mechanic than guessing at what it is and having it blow.

Comment

Those engines are only good for a couple years, give ya 50 bucks for parts off it
                  Last edited by Cnovel; November 6, 2014, 08:17 PM.

Comment

Probably not the inspirational response he was looking for lol. Cold man lol

Comment

UPDATE ON MY MOTOR GET READY TO LAUGH AT ME.
                      So I took Robalos advice and took the boat up to Finish Line and had it checked out because of the oil light and rev limit light coming on between 30-40 RPMS. I know he will get a kick out of this. So the boat was acting up prior to me doing a total maint which included a OIL CHANGE. When it started acting up was a few weeks back and my dipstick said I was a quart low. So anyways, I change the oil. still messing up... The mechanics get it on the computer and they're stumped, because its not coding on anything. So they start leaning to oil pump,OHH NOOO! BIG BUCKS! but boat has no symptoms for that. THEN- They check the oil level again. I HAD A QUART AND A HALF TOO MUCH OIL IN THE DAMN BOAT AND IT WAS FOOLING THE SENSOR TELLING IT THAT THERE WAS NOT ENOUGH OIL IN IT. They poured out a quart and a half and charged me 300.00. ALL FOR BEING STUPID........

You all have exactly 30 minutes to rip me up. please be gentle.

Comment

my F200 yamaha has 4.75 qts I was thinking dang big sump. on yours.
                        \

Comment

I wasn't gonna tell.
                          Mirrolure Pro Staff

Comment

I know you wouldn't Kenny. But hell It even tickles me a little bit that I cant read my own dipstick.

Comment

Does not matter how many sensors you put on a motor, you still have to check the basics.
                              Today is a new day!!

Comment

Working...
                              X