I'm goin' fishin'!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm goin' fishin'!!!

Tomorrow morning... first time since late October. I'm so excited I can barely stand it. Fingers crossed the boat starts and all is in working order.

That is all...

-FlyPelican

Bay is looking awfully nice. Have a great time

Comment

Good luck
      10x spelling bee champ ...... For a full report go to DEANOKNOWS.COM

Comment

Good luck!!

Comment

Hitting it myself in the morning with a friend and his grandson. Good luck and if you see a Black/White BayStealth.., let me know where you are catching them[emoji12]

Sent from my iPhone

Comment

Good luck !
            GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

S-Troop- your in BV right? Lets hook up sometime and bust some. Im in the burgundy and white Bay stealth. Wading this weekend if your interested.

Comment

Ive been getting most of my trout on the south side of north deer on the edge of that deep water in the corner. if you know north deer you know exactly where im talking about.

Comment

Just rolled in...started at Snake Island and worked my way back to Jamaica Beach. Only managed 2 rat reds and 2 dink trout...caught the trout under some birds working straight out from Maggies Cove. Threw plastics on 1/4 ounce jig head.

Beats working.

-FlyPelican

Comment

Still early. Its a run but I have been killing them on a low tide south shore of north deer.

Comment

I'm not too familiar with running around the Deer Islands. I've heard you need to know what you're doing around that area or you'll polish your lower unit.

Comment

If you have them , crank up the jack plate and putz around , drop the trolling motor . Skinny water boat hopefully .
                        GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Originally posted by westbaytroutassasin View Post
                          S-Troop- your in BV right? Lets hook up sometime and bust some. Im in the burgundy and white Bay stealth. Wading this weekend if your interested.
                          Yes, I have a place on Marlin but not sure if we will be down this weekend. Thanks for the invite!

Had a great day catching even in the wind today. Finished with 18 Specs up to 4 lbs for me on an 1/8 oz Cajun Pepper Big Eye, Steve had a rough day with only 1 Spec and 1 Sandie, Phoenix, his grandson started great with a Spec and then missed another half dozen bites but he said it was an awesome trip

Bite started around 11 and shut down about 1. All fished C&R'd to fight another day.

Sent from my iPhone

Comment

Great trip !

Comment

Heck brother we all did great. So I get out of the office around noon and made a BLine to the boat lift. I went to a secret little deep hole I like and immediately hooked up three trout. Wind was blowing a bit so beached up on a protected shoreline and chunked one of my bubblegum broke backs. While reeling it in a massive alligator gar nailed it. I chase it down in the boat for a solid hour and a half. By myself and it was big and powerful no way to get a pick but it bit through the lure. Now hears where it gets weird. I call my bro trophy troutman winded and rattled with my story. Hang up and on the very next cast another 6" gar hits a bubblegum reaction bait and im chasing this one down too. It breaks off after a good 30 minutes of fighting. Ive never heard of them hitting lures before. So I collect myself and boat a couple more small trout and went ahead and did a quick drift in highland. First cast of the drift. I get this sweet red. Pic attached. Drifted into some calmer water and picked up my rod rigged with a bone shedevil topwater and started destroying the trout got 7 that went 3-4 lbs easy fat females (love those fatgirls) several small 15". I released everything today. But what a fun back end of a day. Cant lift my arms but my new concept c reel and new rod really showed up today. The color is bubblegum guys. Softs on 1/16oz jigs. Broke backs, probably corkeys . Fish holding in 3-4' water. Slow retrieval and 3-4 second pauses. Same thing on the tops. Slow walk long pause. Bone.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X