No announcement yet.

Anyone want to split a sack of oysters?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone want to split a sack of oysters?

Thinking of grabbing a 50lb sack from hillmans. Anyone want to split it? They are 27 bucks for 50. So you'd pay 13.50. Text me ASAP! I'll be in Jamaica Beach this evening.

Joe
    832-244-5245

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would brother but I'm not close. Over in Hitchcock.
    Shut up and FISH!!

Comment

Did you get them ? If so did you eat some ? How were they ?
      GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Where were they harvested ?
        GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Oysters...oh yeah. It's that time of year!!!

Comment

I bet they are plenty fat...

Comment

They turned out pretty darn good and they were HUGE! The sack said they were harvested yesterday so I assume they came from galveston bay since hillmans is right on dickinson bayou.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Yes they are harvested locally. Lower Trinity and Lower Galveston Bays.

Comment

Was that a special price or what they sell them for usually

Comment

So you ate them or some of them raw ? That's the taste test . Good oysters are wonderful .

Comment

I went by there Saturday.
                      Full sack> $52
                      Half sack> $26

That's higher than last year.
                      I think they were..$44 and $22

Comment

Originally posted by plugger View Post
                        So you ate them or some of them raw ? That's the taste test . Good oysters are wonderful .
                        Nothing like it.
                        "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

Yessir! For 2 years after Ike Hillmans got their oysters from Louisiana . They were the most excellent tasting oysters that I had ever eaten . I've had cold water oysters in NEw Orleans but not as good . Galveston Bay oysters are so-so often . I've had some pretty fair ones from Matagorda at a little seafood market near me . I don't know all the variables that result in superior or not oysters other than cold water . Certain reefs may have a better strain of oysters . Water content , minerals , microscoptic organisms would be factors I'm sure .

Comment

Working...
                          X