New to site - Fishing advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to site - Fishing advice

First time back to sea isle in a while and I have an itch to fish. Any fishing advise for the current weather situation? I don't know much about fishing in colder weather with lower water levels. Should I target reefs or shell/mud bottoms? I've heard many have had success gigging huge flounder lately. How about with a rod and reel? Thanks in advance.

If you're in sea isle just hop out in snake island cove and throw a dark colored tout. Drift through the cove and try different depths till you start getting bites.
    Shut up and FISH!!

Comment

Thanks for advice!

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk

Comment

Will fish be in there all winter or will they stay deeper at some point? I guess it isn't too cold right now. Thanks for the input.

Comment

Deeper spots when it gets cold. It hasn't really gotten cold yet though.
          Shut up and FISH!!

Comment

Thanks again for quick reply!

Comment

And if we get any warming spells, the shallow areas next to deep can pay off.

have fun, good luck.
              tobin
              TroutSupport.comsigpic

Comment

Tobin's TROUT SUPPORT videos are worth buying . Lot's of information there that will answer a lot of your questions .
                GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Thanks. I typically do well during summer, but don't have enough practice when it gets colder. I thought My starter or solenoid relay may have had some trouble (may have been loose starter fuse on the outboard), so was a little worried about getting stranded, but made it out for a boat ride and fished snake island cove for about 20 minutes thus morning, not long enough to catch anything. Will be back when I have more time to fish.

Comment

Working...
                  X