468x80 Banner

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I got the hook up for a cheap electric rate ....!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I got the hook up for a cheap electric rate ....!

So I got the inside scoope on a good electric rate from Direct Energy for family members

Enter my name in the space provided "Bryan Treadway" ( I dont get anything, I just work for the company, and they need my name)
    on the landing page.
    To view the rates and enroll, just have them visit
    www.directenergy.com/friendsandfamily and provide them with the
    special offer code: FAMILY

The rate for the Houston Area is like 10.2 cents for a year, for 100% green power.

That is preety cheap, and it helps the enviroment .... BTW I got Direct Energy to donate $500 for the flounder restocking over at Sea Center in Lake Jackson.

There are some other comparable rates out there, but with much smaller companies......

Figured I would share the savings with my frineds here

– but hurry! This offer is valid only during the

Christmas holiday, from December 21 – January 4!

Later

skipp
    FISH CONTROL MY BRAIN

Originally posted by Muddskipper View Post
    So I got the inside scoope on a good electric rate from Direct Energy for family members

Enter my name in the space provided "Bryan Treadway" ( I dont get anything, I just work for the company, and they need my name)
    on the landing page.
    To view the rates and enroll, just have them visit
    www.directenergy.com/friendsandfamily and provide them with the
    special offer code: FAMILY

The rate for the Houston Area is like 10.2 cents for a year, for 100% green power.

That is preety cheap, and it helps the enviroment .... BTW I got Direct Energy to donate $500 for the flounder restocking over at Sea Center in Lake Jackson.

There are some other comparable rates out there, but with much smaller companies......

Figured I would share the savings with my frineds here

– but hurry! This offer is valid only during the

Christmas holiday, from December 21 – January 4!

Later

skipp
    Dang MudSkippa, don't you ever quit workin?!
    TDFT Certified Weighmaster

Comment

So does that mean that Flapper and I should post up Gexa's rates????? I bet our rates can beat your rates..... If not, I bet our team could beat your team... If not, I bet....well, never mind. Thanks for the info Bryan, I haven't looked at our resi rates lately, but I'm sick of going up against your rates in the commercial world.
      http://www.theshallowist.com

Comment

I am with Stream... I'll post their rates I left Gexa cause they were bending me over!
        We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

This is for a fixed rate plan 1 year:

Centerpoint Service Area 500 KW=14.2¢ 1000KW=11.8¢ 1500KW=11.7¢ 2000+KW=11.6¢

This is for a fixed rate Green Plan also 1 year:

Centerpoint Service Area 500KW=14.4¢ 1000KW=12¢ 1500KW=11.9¢ 2000+KW=11.8¢

Comment

From Direct Energy's website....

"Limited-time offer. Offer available to new customers who enroll online only. Service not available in all areas. Important terms of service apply. The Pure Texas Wind Plan(TM) with a 12-month term has a fixed price of 10.2 cents/kWh, plus a monthly fee of $5.00 for the customer charge, $3.24 per meter for Advanced Metering Cost Recovery Factor (AMCRF) and $0.00104 cents/kWh Hurricane Cost Recovery Factor (HCRF) charge. Based on an average monthly usage of 2,000 kWh/month, your total average rate, including the monthly customer charge, the Advanced Metering Cost Recovery Factor charge, and the Hurricane Cost Recovery Factor charge, will be approximately 10.7 cents/kWh. Cancellation fee of $200 applies for the duration of the 12-month plan. You may cancel without penalty if you move to another location and provide a forwarding address at least 14 days in advance of your move date. You may obtain the terms of service and important standardized information that will allow you to compare this product with other offers by calling Direct Energy toll-free at 1-888-305-3828 Monday through Friday from 7:30 am to 8:00 pm CST and Saturdays from 7:30 am to 4:00 pm CST."

Comment

Maybe we need a member comparison shopping forum....lol.
              sigpic
              Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

Dude, not sure how Gexa hosed you, but i can get anyone the employee discount. I bet that you let a contract expire and then went to month to month rate. we are not good when a contract expires, I think that our 12 month residential rate is about 10.5 right now, maybe less. if your contract expires without renewal, you would see a bill at 20 cents. If you renew you would never know that could happen. It's a policy with many providers and one of the areas that most consumers haven't paid attention to. I tell everyone that I deal with that they have to renew or switch, or pay the high rate. I have fought with our management to change the policy, but the uncertainity involved in buying electricity for customers necessitates this strategy, in their eyes. Really a good company other than that one policy, always helpful to have a customer call center here in Houston.

Comment

Im curious, what kind of diff would that be if you pay $100 per month w/ centerpoint.

Comment

My last bill from Stream was $100.00 for a 3BR/ 3.5 BATH TH energy efficient gas was $60 b/c of heating for December

I just made the switch to Direct. Thanks for the help Bryan my contract is expiring at the end of the this year... but damn bro my credit score must suck cause they're asking for some cash for a deposit

Comment

Originally posted by WestEndAngler View Post
                      My last bill from Stream was $100.00 for a 3BR/ 3.5 BATH TH energy efficient gas was $60 b/c of heating for December

I just made the switch to Direct. Thanks for the help Bryan my contract is expiring at the end of the this year... but damn bro my credit score must suck cause they're asking for some cash for a deposit

I just give them a different SS number till they don't ask for a deposit.
                      I got extra's. you need one?

Comment

Originally posted by shallowist View Post
                        Dude, not sure how Gexa hosed you, but i can get anyone the employee discount. I bet that you let a contract expire and then went to month to month rate. we are not good when a contract expires, I think that our 12 month residential rate is about 10.5 right now, maybe less. if your contract expires without renewal, you would see a bill at 20 cents. If you renew you would never know that could happen. It's a policy with many providers and one of the areas that most consumers haven't paid attention to. I tell everyone that I deal with that they have to renew or switch, or pay the high rate. I have fought with our management to change the policy, but the uncertainity involved in buying electricity for customers necessitates this strategy, in their eyes. Really a good company other than that one policy, always helpful to have a customer call center here in Houston.
                        Steve i have TXU how bad are they,i cant find a bill to look at my rate's?
                        10x spelling bee champ ...... For a full report go to DEANOKNOWS.COM

Comment

TXU is okay, typically a bit higher than Gexa, Direct, couple of others. The best way to locate the cheapest rates at any given time is powertochoose.com This is run by the public utility commision of Texas. You can view fairly current rates, then call the selected provider to confirm. If you have a Q about any particular one, PM or post up and I will try to answer. I know most of them and their contract language.

JT, get my number from Pimp and I will give you the low down.

That may be .org, can't remember?
                          Last edited by shallowist; December 29, 2009, 12:24 PM. Reason: addtition to post

Comment

Mine says txu at 10.5 gexa 10.4,What about all the other ones like in the 8.0 cents range?
                            10x spelling bee champ ...... For a full report go to DEANOKNOWS.COM

Comment

Make sure that you look at whether they are advertising fixed or variable. The low ones are typically variable. Wouldn't be a bad move if you monitor natural gas, otherwise, I would recommend fixed rates for most.

Truthfully, Bryan(Muddskipper) and Fsihinaddiction( Jonathon Griffin) have been at that game way longer than I have. They are both very honest guys that I would trust with any information they porvide. Bryan's company is great for Commercial accounts, as is Gexa. In the big commercial arena, it changes constantly based on the porviders risk strategy, so you always have to shop unless you have someone you can trust, who will locate the best time to sign.

Comment

Working...
                              X