fatality@2004 bridge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fatality@2004 bridge

Yesterday I fished west bay out of Chocolate buoy put in @ 2004 bridge. I met two older gentlemen at the ramp, talked with them for a bit then I was on my way. My son and I fished till around one or two o’clock. Before coming in the two older guys passed us on there way in about 30 minutes in front of us. As I was entering the ramp area I noticed there truck, boat and trailer were in the field and the boat was off the trailer. Did not see the two guys, at the same time the Sheriffs department were coming down the road. From what I was told at the scene the boat was hooked up and they were in the process of pulling it out one guy in the truck and the other in the front of the boat. They said the driver must have had a hart attack or a stroke. He floored the gas and drove into the field across from the ramp the guy on the boat was thrown from the boat and into the field he was taken out on life flight the other guy was dead on scene. Very tragic day, those guys’ families will be in my prayers.

Attached Files
    Last edited by WestEndAngler; December 29, 2009, 07:49 PM.

that is terribly sad. Best to both their families.
    "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

prayers sent to both families.
      Mirrolure Pro Staff

Comment

That is tragic! Prayers sent!
        sigpic
        Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

Prayers Sent...
          We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

How terrible. Wonder what happened?

Prayers to the mens families.
            West End Anglers - You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy.

Comment

That's awful! All my best to the families. Hope the life flighted guy has a speedy recovery.
              Shut up and FISH!!

Comment

Prayers sent.
                10x spelling bee champ ...... For a full report go to DEANOKNOWS.COM

Comment

Man that's terrible prayers to the family
                  MANVEL MOB

Comment

sad...thoughts and prayers to the family
                    Captain Glenn Stevens
                    Coastal Guide Service
                    www.Fishcoastal.com

Comment

Prayers sent!
                      We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

man.....that is sad indeed.....prayers for the families and the guy that was lifeflighted outta there.
                        I LIVE IN A SMALL COMMUNITY WITH A LARGE PROBLEM AND A PROBLEM.

Comment

Prayers sent

Comment

Thank you for posting your account and the photo. The man who died was my father and the other man is in the hospital and expected to recover from his injuries. We are relieved no one else was hurt and comforted that Dad passed after doing what he loved. One of his great joys in life was the brotherhood of fishermen he encountered at Chocolate Bayou and the Diversionary Canal in Hitchcock. "To tight lines and screamin' reels..."

Sincerely,
                            Janette the fisherbabe and her Mom, Sister and Brother

Comment

Prayers go out to you Janet and the rest of your family....when I go, I think going out doing what I love to do will be the only way to go.
                              I work just enough to pay for my fishing habit.

Comment

Working...
                              X