Jamaica Beach Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jamaica Beach Question

Got a question for yall. Drove down the road that runs down the far west side of Jamaica beach the other day. Right at about the public park on the right there is an electrical something or other on the left side of the road behind the barbed wire fence.

My question is who owns all that property? Reason I ask is that I always see dove birds all around the area and saw a couple of guys hunting it the other day. Is this public land? I would think it is private but wanted to see if any of yall knew anything about it...if they boated into one of the Jumbliee coves then I would think that could not walk in as far as they did from the public water...

Thanks
    Brad
    sigpic

it is privately owned ...that cell tower is leased on private property
    it is divided in tracts...a man named George Sims owns a larger portion of it behind the jamaica beach rv park ....some one else owns the section closest to J.B.
    are you talking about all the white wings by the cell tower??? there is an arse load of em,,,too close to the road to shoot though
    Captain Glenn Stevens
    Coastal Guide Service
    www.Fishcoastal.com

Comment

YUP...I am indeed. I see a lot of others in the area but the cell tower is nuts...thanks...I'll try and strike up a conversation with George Simms
      sigpic

Comment

Brad:

I know the Bacons that own the 460 acre or so ranch between Sea Isle and Jam Beach. Guess what-that is in Galveston City Limits and GPD will get ya for shooting a firearm within city limits!!! I believe same applies to that area you be asking about. Now if you go back and check the Deed Restrictions for JB, there was a "hunting area" set aside for duckies and birds, but I severely doubt that JB City Council or JBIC did not get that amended and deleted. Do what Trish does, get a Benjamin air rifle and pop the Asian doves!!! BTW, I aint got any bb holes yet in my windows, but if I do, I bet that red truck of yours gets some too. Ha ha!!

Best bet is feral cat shooting at the pass-but them Gaddang RICHEST County employees in the state (maybe even the entire USA) will chase ya and have the PETA jerks threaten your life-those two bastages should stay in their a/c, satellite tv'd little bungalow and STFU and maybe even give out correct change instead of shortchaging folks. GD crooks.
        "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

Whew, that felt good!!!
          "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

Robalo for pres.!
            10x spelling bee champ ...... For a full report go to DEANOKNOWS.COM

Comment

Lurefisher would be a 5 Star General, 007 would run the CIA and networks (instead of the Obamaites that do now-except for Fox TV)-there won't be any more terrorists in the USA, nor illegals or ACORN. PETA folks would be placed on a boat adrift at sea-then let's see what they eat to survive-bet the find their "Sea Kittens" quite dang tasty after 3 days of no food!! No sex in White House (except Wild Bill's definition) and Pelosi, Reid, Waxman and Boxer would be sent to Iraq as a peace offering with the blessing of the true, hardworking Americans. For each illegal alien entering the USA, we send an equal number of welfare folks to the country of origin of the illegal aliens-poof-illegal alien issue resolved and poof welfare problem resolved. Dang, I should be prez.

Comment

id just want to be like Clinton and get all the ***** on the side a guy could handle.

Comment

What a horn dog-he even propositioned a wife of someone we know at a benefit/dinner-the man had some class and big huevos.

I liked him-smoked pot, drank and chased women-heck, if he fished and hunted, he'd be named JT!!

Comment

sorry for the hijack...but,

Robalo, I got this in an email

Let me see if I understand all this...

IF YOU CROSS THE NORTH KOREAN BORDER ILLEGALLY YOU GET 12 YEARS HARD LABOR.

IF YOU CROSS THE IRANIAN BORDER ILLEGALLY YOU ARE DETAINED INDEFINITELY.

IF YOU CROSS THE AFGHAN BORDER ILLEGALLY, YOU GET SHOT.

IF YOU CROSS THE SAUDI ARABIAN BORDER ILLEGALLY YOU WILL BE JAILED.

IF YOU CROSS THE CHINESE BORDER ILLEGALLY YOU MAY NEVER BE HEARD FROM AGAIN.

IF YOU CROSS THE VENEZUELAN BORDER ILLEGALLY YOU WILL BE BRANDED A SPY AND YOUR FATE WILL BE SEALED.

IF YOU CROSS THE CUBAN BORDER ILLEGALLY YOU WILL BE THROWN INTO POLITICAL PRISON TO ROT.

IF YOU CROSS THE U.S. BORDER ILLEGALLY YOU GET A JOB, A DRIVERS LICENSE, SOCIAL SECURITY CARD, WELFARE, FOOD STAMPS, CREDIT CARDS, SUBSIDIZED RENT OR A LOAN TO BUY A HOUSE, FREE EDUCATION, FREE HEALTH CARE, A LOBBYIST IN WASHINGTON AND IN MANY INSTANCES YOU CAN VOTE.

And Our President is running around the world telling how embarrassed he is, how arrogant we are and how we owe the world an apology for OUR BAD BEHAVIOR?

Comment

Yep Harry-you summed it up pretty darn good. Oh, and soon get to vote for the likes of Pelosi, Reid, Waxman and Boxer.

Comment

it's Impeachment time!! Though I must admit that I'm most proud of the American people for making such a wise choice in electing the pupet, I mean man. He should be travelling the world and appologizing for his contribution to the dismantling of the country and the effect it will have on the global economy.

Sorry, almost got carried away, this isn't the political forum is it?
                        http://www.theshallowist.com

Comment

Circle H leases land in Galveston City limits that they run doves hunts on.
                          "GET OFF MY REEF!"

Comment

Originally posted by Robalo View Post
                            Best bet is feral cat shooting at the pass-but them Gaddang RICHEST County employees in the state (maybe even the entire USA) will chase ya and have the PETA jerks threaten your life-those two bastages should stay in their a/c, satellite tv'd little bungalow and STFU and maybe even give out correct change instead of shortchaging folks. GD crooks.
                            "feral cats" LMAO
                            XA

GOD BLESS AND GIG'EM!

I hope I catch a 10 lb trout before I catch a flesh eating bacteria.

Comment

I'm not sure who owns that property. I know its several tracts owned by several individuals. As far as shooting in the city limits, you can shoot any where west of 83rd street as long as you are 1500 yards away from any buildings(residential or comercial) and you can only shoot bird shot. Jamaica Beach has its own set of bylaws. What they are, I dont know? Whats this about a hunting preserve in Jamaica Beach. I've never heard of this.

Comment

Working...
                              X