Boat Lift Issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boat Lift Issue

My boat lift motor won't lower the boat. It goes up fine but just makes a humming noise when you move the switch to the down position.

Worked fine this morning.

Any ideas?

Wire for the down switch is corroded or almost broken. Either way you aren't getting enough voltage or current to the motor.

Other possibility is if your system has (2) motor relays, the contacts in the Down relay are pitted and you get a
    similar result.
    Voltage is present, but because of the pitted contacts you don't get enough current flow.

Comment

One more thought.
      If your control switch is attached to a flexible cord......That is the most likely area to look.
      Over time the movement of the cable will cause wire breakage.

Comment

Replaced the switch but that didn't do it. Calling the boat lift guy Monday. At least I got to fish this morning.

Comment

Replaced the switch but that didn't do it. Calling the boat lift guy Monday. At least I got to fish this morning.

Comment

Originally posted by FlyPelican View Post
            Boat lift distributors... Tell them you heard about 'em on fishwestend... They were once sponsors here.
            We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Called Anderson & Sons Boatlifts...they came out Monday and replaced the motor and gear brake. Literally the fastest service I've seen on the island. Back in action!

Comment

Working...
              X