Guy Catches Fish With Rigged Lego

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guy Catches Fish With Rigged Lego

"It was the Law of the Sea, they said. Civilization ends at the waterline. Beyond that, we all enter the food chain, and not always right at the top."

Lol. We used to build what we referred to as bead baits back in the 80's. A # 6 treble hook, 6" stainless guitar string and colored beads from hobby lobby made the bait. We caught a few fish on them but it was more about who built the best ones for catching more than anything else.

Comment

Mack (aka MackFisherman2)
      Houston & Pirates Cove in Galveston
      mackfisherman2@hotmail.com

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger, except bears, bears will kill you.

Comment

Originally posted by H.Maier View Post
        Lol. We used to build what we referred to as bead baits back in the 80's. A # 6 treble hook, 6" stainless guitar string and colored beads from hobby lobby made the bait. We caught a few fish on them but it was more about who built the best ones for catching more than anything else.
        Nice, I made several lures when I was a kid with my brother. Jeez, talk about some bad looking lures and we never caught a thing.
        "It was the Law of the Sea, they said. Civilization ends at the waterline. Beyond that, we all enter the food chain, and not always right at the top."

Comment

Very good. I had a shyster with a rusted blade. I polished the blade and used different colors of model plane paint. I caught several good bass with it. My dad used it, caught a very nice bass, and wrapped around a tree. I didn't see the lure anymore. Never know what fish will hit. A gentleman was very surprised that I was catching fish with freshwater bait. You'll never know till you try it. Lord Bless.
          robert
          And all things, whatsoever you shall ask in prayer, BELIEVING, YE shall receive. Mathew 21:22.

Comment

HAR ! Pretty good . And we've quibbled over whether to use a loop knot or swivel to make the lure look more natural .
            GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

I think i made a lure out of wood similar to a redfin/rapala back in the day. Caught a few bass on it before one wrapped it around a stump...never know what them boogers will hit.

Comment

Originally posted by Silver Wolf View Post
                Very good. I had a shyster with a rusted blade. I polished the blade and used different colors of model plane paint. I caught several good bass with it. My dad used it, caught a very nice bass, and wrapped around a tree. I didn't see the lure anymore. Never know what fish will hit. A gentleman was very surprised that I was catching fish with freshwater bait. You'll never know till you try it. Lord Bless.robert
                Yes sir you never know what will trigger them to strike. A few years back after landing a Red on live shrimp. I removed the hook a threw the rig overboard as not to hook myself as I went to the back of the boat to put the fish in the cooler. A fish hit that empty hook I had just thrown in the water. Must have been the way it fluttered as it hit the water or a special gleam it put out. What ever it was it got me a nice 4lb. Sheepshead.

Comment

I use to use a 6" piece of a broom handle and spray painted it blue and silver. It was a killer top water for yellow fins. Also used butter knives for kings and black fin. I miss working offshore!!
                  Bacon Bacon Bacon!!!

Comment

Originally posted by corndog View Post
                    I use to use a 6" piece of a broom handle and spray painted it blue and silver. It was a killer top water for yellow fins. Also used butter knives for kings and black fin. I miss working offshore!!
                    Lol!
                    MANVEL MOB

Comment

Working...
                    X