Wade Trip Update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wade Trip Update

Update....as of now there are 19 fishermen who say they want to fish in this "event". There are 6 boat captains willing to offer rides for those without transport. I just hope the captains show up as they say they will, otherwise this ain't gonna work and a lot of people are going to be disappointed. The distance from the dock to the wade sites is only a mile or so, so gas is not going to be a problem or major expense. If you have a boat, please consider joining in and help out a few members that don't and guarantee that everybody gets a ride or someone with a boat cancels.

I want to try to make this thing happen by the middle of March to early April-before the skeeters take over the shorelines. We can assign riders with captains at the dock (OR..see below), and I'm sure some of the captains will have their fishing buddies already reserved for their boats. I ask that they, in advance PM me and let me know how many vacancies (if any) they are going to have in their boats.

This is going to be like herding cats, and I need those who say they are going to fish or provide transport to show up out of respect for their fellow members. Circumstances or timing may result in some of you not being able to make it, which is entirely understandable, but PLEASE let me know if you have to cancel BEFORE anybody gets disappointed or left behind.

As my word, I cannot release any info PMed me so far without the express consent of the sender. If you are OK with me releasing your name (Captains who have volunteered), let me know and I will post your kind offer to transport those without boats. They, and you, can PM each other and get reservations on your boat for the trip.

I intend to post the avatar names of the participants soon. If anybody does not want their screen name posted as a participant, please let me know, but I can't see any reason why you wouldn't...who knows? It will be up to each of you to correspond with each other (Captains and riders) and share personal info or phone numbers by PMs or emails. I will not reveal this information.

I hope to launch at the Fish Spot on Moses Lake around 6:00 AM on the day of the event (all boats). This will put on the shorelines/reefs before daylight. I know the owner of the Fish Spot and I'm going to ask him (tomorrow) to be prepared for our arrival and trailer parking reservation, if possible. The food there is good, the beer cold, and they have a cleaning table, outside bar, if notified in advance, with jukebox music from the inside to speakers outside. This is where we can regroup at lunch for those who want to eat midday and rest and meet up at a designated time afterward and tell lies.

More info to come as I get it...............
    Captain, Galveston County Blue Team Fish Killers
    "Fishing Guide"-A person who contributes to the delinquency of a liar.

Sounds good.
    "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

I admire your efforts attempting this endeavor, homeboy! Seems there is a tourney the 15th of March, some of the guys are committed to, as I'm sure you will take into consideration. Club meeting on the water and at the fish spot ought to be a hoot. Looking forward!

Comment

Thanks for the update, sounds like a good time.

Comment

Everybody--Please notify me of any local tournaments so I can try to schedule around them....thanks Harvey. Heeeer kitty kitty!

Comment

So, are we leaning to a weekend? Just curious or planning.

Comment

Is this going to occur on a Saturday ?
              GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

If I am off then I will be there. Just let me know what day so I can make sure I am not working. Shift work sucks sometimes
                KEEP IT WET..

Comment

A Saturday in mid March is the target date, if weather permits. It also won't be on a day that FWE has a tournament scheduled. Sundays are a last resort so people don't miss church services. Captains please try to get your teams together so we know how may opening there are in everybody's boats. We have about a month or so, but let's not wait till the last minute....I'm not very good at this! Use your bait of your choice, but be prepared to take a lot of flack if you use live crickets!

Refer to my original post "Wade Trip" for additional info.

Comment

You're doing a fine job, Mr. Coordinator, keep up the good work!

Comment

I'm down if I'm not buried under work or some kid event.
                      Shut up and FISH!!

Comment

It's a nice thing you are doing , John , it's not easy pulling something like this together. I'm not sure if my boat will be available . I should know something next week . More about that later .
                        GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

I'll be a wader, vs. a captain I'll be back from a business trip by them.
                          At his baptism, Sam Houston was told his sins were washed away. He reportedly replied, “I pity the fish downstream.” - Nov. 19, 1854 - Independence, Texas

Comment

Count is up to 27 waders and 7 boats. Need more boat captains for security.....any volunteers? Fishing area is a shell reef about the size of a football field about 2-4 ft. deep on average-reachable by boat only. Shoreline is hard sand/shell bottom from out about 50 yds to 4' and 1/4 mile long, so there is plenty of room in those 2 sites. Plus there are other wading sites in the area. You or your Captain may know of another place ya'll may want to wade outside these areas and that's cool, too. Of course, some drifting may be done too, elsewhere, but please respect the areas the waders are going to be in. I'll have a chart at the launch site and show all the captains where the designated wade sites are going to be (Dickinson Bay area). If some of you want to wade from a shoreline somewhere else as a group, that's fine, just let me know so I don't worry about getting you in a boat.

So far Moe and Silverwolf are going to be in SCHU's boat
                            Me, Hmahier and efish are going to be in mine

Any others of you hooked up yet?

To be continued......

Comment

Originally posted by Termo View Post
                              Count is up to 27 waders and 7 boats. Need more boat captains for security.....any volunteers? Fishing area is a shell reef about the size of a football field about 2-4 ft. deep on average-reachable by boat only. Shoreline is hard sand/shell bottom from out about 50 yds to 4' and 1/4 mile long, so there is plenty of room in those 2 sites. Plus there are other wading sites in the area. You or your Captain may know of another place ya'll may want to wade outside these areas and that's cool, too. Of course, some drifting may be done too, elsewhere, but please respect the areas the waders are going to be in. I'll have a chart at the launch site and show all the captains where the designated wade sites are going to be (Dickinson Bay area). If some of you want to wade from a shoreline somewhere else as a group, that's fine, just let me know so I don't worry about getting you in a boat.

So far Moe and Silverwolf are going to be in SCHU's boat
                              Me, Hmahier and efish are going to be in mine

Any others of you hooked up yet?

To be continued......
                              Not yet
                              Mirrolure Pro Staff

Comment

Working...
                              X