Bringing Home First

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bringing Home First

As we all suspected, Saturday was a rough day both fishing wise and weather wise! My partner and I first started at Sportmans road around 7 to try to get out of the wind. We fished the docks for flounder with no luck then made our way towards the marsh and decided to wade fish that flat. With not one bite by 9:15 we decided to leave and go north. We went to Louis where the rest of the tournament anglers were with a ballsy strategy in mind. Everyone was staying in the channels or marsh to stay out of the wind but we knew the reds were still out in the lake. We knew if we could catch two reds over 20 inches we would win easily. So we paddle from Louis dead up wind 2 miles to the North Shoreline of Jones Lake. One of the worst paddles of my life. Took us 45 minutes instead of 15 minutes because the wind was so strong. Finally we got about half way down the shoreline and started our wade. We waded that spot for about 2 hours with no bites. Finally it was about 1:20 and needed to start drifting back because we needed to be in by 3. As we started drifting back, my partner who always seems to catch fish not in the conventional way lands a 22 inch red while trolling a gulp. So I immediately anchor my yak and begin to fish that area hard for about 10 minutes with nothing. He tells me to troll so that's what I did. 5 minutes later I hook up with a 22.5 inch red myself and land it! Just as we begin to figure the reds out, we have to head in! As we get back into Bayou Vista, we make a few pitches at docks and my partner ended up catching a 13.5 inch flounder as a bonus. When we get in we realized we had the tournament won hands down. Hard day of fishing but it all paid off and working that hard made it much sweeter! God kept us all safe and sent a redfish my way! Lamar team 3 adds another first place finish to the resume.
    Thanks for reading - Alex
    1 Corinthians 13

congrats

Comment

Wow! Way to go and congratulations on the win!!
      "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

thank yall! Trying to post pics
        1 Corinthians 13

Comment

Congrats!!!!
          Mirrolure Pro Staff

Comment

Congratulations on the First Place Finish!
            TDFT Certified Weighmaster

Comment

Working...
            X