freeze

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• freeze

what do yall think this freeze will do the fish?I think the freeze tonight will send em deep before the real freeze this weekend.
    Mirrolure Pro Staff

I don't think it's going to be a danger, just looking at the amount of time that it will be below freezing, but you never know.
    From 1970-1997, true heaven on Earth existed on the banks of Bayou Cook. "Hey Dad, Thanks for buying the Camp."

Comment

no problem this week................ you need it down to the low twenty's or so for a couple of days...then you will see a fish kill.
      I LIVE IN A SMALL COMMUNITY WITH A LARGE PROBLEM AND A PROBLEM.

Comment

Freeze

I don't think it will not be cold enough long enough. It's the water temperature not the air temperature you worry about. Right now, the temps are mid 40's to mid 50's depending on what part of the coast you look at. Now if the water temps reached the mid to lower 30's and stayed there for a few days I would be real concerned but I don't think that is going to happen. We have experienced this type of cold weather numerous times since the 89 freeze with no problems. Gater

Comment

yes but at night its saying in the lows 30 and high 20s during the week..thats pretty darn cold...u think it will be alright?? hopefully they will go deep till everything goes back to normal..i would hate to give up fishing if this happens!

Ryan

Comment

I was thinking the same thing. But I was not exactly thinking just about the fish, I was thinking about the outside water sources into our homes. I've moved the plants I have in pots into the house. I have asked Pat to make sure the boat is winterized, and the RV. I am heck bent on making sure all and any water lines are drained and left open so we dont have any unexpected repairs. And I plan on having it that way until March. I think we need to move to parts south.

Comment

Remember if you're thinking about being on the water or you're worried about the fishies, to check the coastal temps. I was watching the Houston news this morning and gasping at the forecast temps. I plugged in Surfside Beach on the computer and looked at the forecast temps and it's a pleasant difference.
              From 1970-1997, true heaven on Earth existed on the banks of Bayou Cook. "Hey Dad, Thanks for buying the Camp."

Comment

My *** is cold!
                Don't be a Nancy!
                If it smells like fish....you know I've been there!

Comment

It is quite a bit warmer on the coast.

Comment

The official weather station is at Houston intercontinital airport. That's a significant way north of the coast. I hope the fishery will be OK. It'll take 5 years to make a comeback from a major fish kill.
                    GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Hope my pipes hold up They broke in 86 when I lived in Manvel.
                      MANVEL MOB

Comment

Originally posted by dbarham View Post
                        Hope my pipes hold up They broke in 86 when I lived in Manvel.
                        Leave the water dripping.

Comment

There will not be any major kill this week. If you look at the details of the last major freeze kill, it stayed below freezing for several days. Our daytime highs for the remainder of the week are predominantly above freezing.

It's a great week to fish if you know where they go when it's cold, not a good week to have to take a leak outdoors....
                          http://www.theshallowist.com

Comment

I am in Austin right now and it was 23 this morning. 10's later in the week up here, will be back on the island this weekend.
                            LIVIN THE SALT LIFE

Comment

Get the hell out of Austin as quick as you can!
                              Scott
                              "All fishermen are liars except you and me and to tell you the truth, I'm not so sure about you!"

Comment

Working...
                              X