Specktacular first tourney moved to Jan 30

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Specktacular first tourney moved to Jan 30

Due to the extended extreme freezing temps forecasted for the upper bay (20's) & temps hovering below/around freezing in the lower bay we feel it is necessary to move this event .

Along with the temps, we will feel wind chill in the teens to mid twenties throughout the day due to North winds in the 20mph range present dangerous conditions. The directors deem these conditions as a possible hazard if a participant has boating troubles or falls into the water via wading, kayaking or boating.

This is only the second event in the Specktacular's ten year history that we were forced to move. The new date for the 4th event will be April 17th location TBD. We hope that our valued anglers understand. THe best 3 of 4 weight format shall remain the same.

The first event will be the Monument Chevrolet Open -Jan 30. Location for Wed Jan 27th onsite registration TBA
    The following schedule shall be:
    Jan 30-Monument Chevrolet (weigh in-225/belt8)
    Feb 27-Reynolds Marine (weigh in -Baytown/708 N. Alexander)
    Mar 27-Easy Pawn Cash & Jewelry (weigh in -Bacliff tba)
    Apr 17- TBA weigh site.

WINNER OF THE BIG TROUT division in the Jan 17 WESTEND FISHING TOURNAMENT will a FREE Entry ($100 value) to the First Specktacular event of 2010.

I think that would be better its gonna be nasty
    MANVEL MOB

Comment

Originally posted by sal b View Post
      Due to the extended extreme freezing temps forecasted for the upper bay (20's) & temps hovering below/around freezing in the lower bay we feel it is necessary to move this event .

Along with the temps, we will feel wind chill in the teens to mid twenties throughout the day due to North winds in the 20mph range present dangerous conditions. The directors deem these conditions as a possible hazard if a participant has boating troubles or falls into the water via wading, kayaking or boating.

This is only the second event in the Specktacular's ten year history that we were forced to move. The new date for the 4th event will be April 17th location TBD. We hope that our valued anglers understand. THe best 3 of 4 weight format shall remain the same.

The first event will be the Monument Chevrolet Open -Jan 30. Location for Wed Jan 27th onsite registration TBA
      The following schedule shall be:
      Jan 30-Monument Chevrolet (weigh in-225/belt8)
      Feb 27-Reynolds Marine (weigh in -Baytown/708 N. Alexander)
      Mar 27-Easy Pawn Cash & Jewelry (weigh in -Bacliff tba)
      Apr 17- TBA weigh site.

WINNER OF THE BIG TROUT division in the Jan 17 WESTEND FISHING TOURNAMENT will a FREE Entry ($100 value) to the First Specktacular event of 2010.
      as far as i know,there is no big trout division,unless coe wants to switch it up.how about winner of the tourney?
      TDFT Certified Weighmaster

Comment

I'm watching the weather closely for our Tournament too hope there's not a big fish kill that happens...
        We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Originally posted by WestEndAngler View Post
          I'm watching the weather closely for our Tournament too hope there's not a big fish kill that happens...

it should be alright. It will more than likely be cold but I don't think we will have the fish kill. Not going to be cold long enough.

Comment

Originally posted by FLAPPER View Post
            as far as i know,there is no big trout division,unless coe wants to switch it up.how about winner of the tourney?
            I think he means the big trout side pot maybe?
            sigpic
            Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

yes--big trout side pot/weather

Yeah big trout side pot. Same as big trout division. Throwing the free entry in to the winner to represent fishwestend.com in the next specktacular.

Here is a cool site I found today that give a 2 week forecast. Two weeks out is a log way but I think the fishwestend tourney is in the clear. I will try to help direct some of our regulars to fish this event. It is a great format.

Comment

Originally posted by FLAPPER View Post
                I believe the side pot is a "Black Jack Trout" meaning closest to 21" w/o going over. Earlier weighed in fish will win in case of tie.
                We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

my bad---the blackjack pot works

Even better. Blackjack winner gets the entry

Comment

Seems like a responsible decision, rescheduling the tournament.

thanks for the weather link Sal
                    Scott
                    "All fishermen are liars except you and me and to tell you the truth, I'm not so sure about you!"

Comment

Working...
                    X