day 6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• day 6

my new years resolution was to quit smoking cigarettes, today is day 6.. ive been chewing regular gum like its goin out of style but still havent broke down yet and smoked one.. its been hard especially with a new job at the airport and having to drive in all the bs traffic again.. the real test will be when I get a few beers in me but hopefully i can make it..
    Boats and hoes.

Good luck with the drinkin and smokin part!
    I work just enough to pay for my fishing habit.

Comment

Hang in there. It is tough and I quit 4years ago. I still "think" I want one when enjoying a brew.
      Just mind over matter, if you don't mind it don't matter. If it matters you better mind!

Comment

Good Luck!! I quit in September. I do slip up every once in a while and bum a hit or two, but when I get that good old nasty musty ashtray flavor in my mouth... I tend to get over my craving pretty easily.

Try to buy "Diet" kinds of stuff for munching on... I done gained 30 lbs from not smoking. so... I'm back to where I was in Jan. of 2007...

Comment

Yea, I forgot to mention the weight gain Tiny brought up. Got mine from the brew.
          Just mind over matter, if you don't mind it don't matter. If it matters you better mind!

Comment

Caz
            I saw a post on another fishing board about the ecigarettes. It looked interesting. U way want to look into it...me too!!

Comment

Originally posted by HarryK View Post
              Caz
              I saw a post on another fishing board about the ecigarettes. It looked interesting. U way want to look into it...me too!!
              I've been looking into that too.
              I work just enough to pay for my fishing habit.

Comment

I gained weight when I quit also.

Comment

It's easier to lose weight than to shake cancer & heart disease.
                  Good luck on quitting. You've almost made a week no point in starting again. Pretty soon it will be a month, a year.......you get the picture.
                  "GET OFF MY REEF!"

Comment

I'm proud of you Zac, fight the good fight and don't let up for a moment! You are almost past the headache part of withdrawal. I got headaches for the first 8 days. Don't do like I did and go 6 weeks without nicotine, then let some turd tick you off and drive over to the store for some lip dirt. I felt like such a failure that day, and I still do. Time for me to try again. You're inspiring me dude.
                    From 1970-1997, true heaven on Earth existed on the banks of Bayou Cook. "Hey Dad, Thanks for buying the Camp."

Comment

You can do it, just take it one day at a time, and give up the beer for a little while you quit the cigs. I smoked for about 17 years and was very addicted and even got hooked on Skoal, but I quit. I haven't smoked cigs or dipped skoal in about 19 years. Although I have taken up cigars here lately, but just on weekends. The urge will last for a while, but then it'll be like you never smoked. Good luck!

Comment

smoking is a horrible habit.

Comment

Working...
                        X