Jamaica Beach

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jamaica Beach

I found this photo and thought it was pretty interesting. Here's what the shoreline looked before development began. Looks like there use to be some small islands or reefs in front of it. Bet some pretty good fishing took place there back in the day.....

if you read the book "plugger" about rudy grigar,he talks about fishing in front of jamaica beach before development.he talks about having a 15' stringer and not being able to put another fish on it.schools of redfish,acres wide used to roam west bay.can you imagine having a couple hundred pounds of fish on a stringer.west bay was a totally different world back then and after the 2nd world war.plugger is a great read.i would highly recommend it for any fisherman.
    TDFT Certified Weighmaster

Comment

Yea I read that part. He ended up there by accident, ran his boat aground and woke up to a huge school of reds.

Comment

That is when Albert started fishing there!

Comment

I fish occasionally with one of the guys pictured in the book - Maurice Estlinbaum. Those guys have forgotten more about fishing than I will ever know!
          sigpic
          Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

Originally posted by FP10 View Post
            That is when Albert started fishing there!
            WTF??????????????????????
            sigpic
            Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

"Plugger", is a great read.

Comment

Alex:

Where's the link to that picture?

Thanks. BTW, glad Tech won!!
                "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

Originally posted by FLAPPER View Post
                  if you read the book "plugger" about rudy grigar,he talks about fishing in front of jamaica beach before development.he talks about having a 15' stringer and not being able to put another fish on it.schools of redfish,acres wide used to roam west bay.can you imagine having a couple hundred pounds of fish on a stringer.west bay was a totally different world back then and after the 2nd world war.plugger is a great read.i would highly recommend it for any fisherman.
                  Me too ! that was a good book Grigar fished at nite to avoid others he filled the boat full of fish then iced em down!
                  MANVEL MOB

Comment

Jamaica Beach... reef in front would be Carranchua Reef... The spoil (as it looks to me) seems to be now where Geo-Tubes lie that protect the State Park.
                    We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Originally posted by imhammer View Post
                      WTF??????????????????????
                      Albert has been fishing West Bay since pre WWII. His first red was caught off those spoils in 1936 on his 8th birthday. Plastic surgery does wonders these days!!

Comment

Originally posted by FP10 View Post
                        Albert has been fishing West Bay since pre WWII. His first red was caught off those spoils in 1936 on his 8th birthday. Plastic surgery does wonders these days!!
                        quit hi-jacking threads jeremy.you know nothing about west bay,except what it says on you're birth certificate under place of birth:west bay
                        TDFT Certified Weighmaster

Comment

quit hi-jacking threads jeremy.you know nothing about west bay,except what it says on you're birth certificate under place of birth:west bay
                          Nice!
                          sigpic

Comment

Sunday just turned to tackle!! I don't know anything about West Bay. Don't need to. Plenty of fish right here in my backyard!!

Comment

Originally posted by imhammer View Post
                              Nice!
                              Chip quit sticking up for your bff. Him and that old tired hardhead picture. Where is that pic of him holding up his? You know the real one and not the fake one he says is me...

Comment

Working...
                              X