• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1911's

Does anyone shoot 1911 .45's?
    1 Corinthians 13

ive got 3 of them

Comment

I wish I had one. JT-Two is all ya need-I think a donation to Jerry could help ya with this year's door prizes at the HAPL SWFT!?!!??
      "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

Yep, I've got a couple or so that I shoot.
        Pro Staff - Bounty Hunter Turbo Buzz, Creme Lures, New Pro Products, & K9 Fishing Fluorocarbon

Comment

I sold my two along with all the cleaning patches and lube cans and bought Glocks. Best thing I ever did with handguns.
          I stow a Makarov on the boat, like an AK, it can be covered in rust and wet and muddy from the anchor drippings and will not stovepipe or jam. I had to soak and fill it in toothpaste and exercise it for a week when I bought it because of its tight tolerances.
          "Nobody's so poor that somebody can't get rich screwing 'em."

Comment

JT and BountyHunter, what do yall have? I grew up shooting my dads Kimber, and now he has a Ruger that he has tricked out with new sights, VZ grips, and a magwell. I love his Kimber Custom II. I am turning 21 in two weeks and have been doing my research and all that and I really want the Kimber Raptor II. My only thing is, I wont be buying another one for a while so I really want to get what I want BUT I will be getting my CHL and be carrying it around the deer lease, so I will not want it to get to banged up if I get the Raptor. So im trying to decide if I want to go ahead and get the raptor or get a lesser Kimber and get a Custom. Any comments or recommendations are appreciated! Thanks ya'll
            1 Corinthians 13

Comment

I'm with mgstei1, if you want something purely for sport the 1911 and all of the different customization you can do to it is great, there are some great personal carry models too and he'll yeah, they're very pretty and feel good in the hand but overall I feel like you can get a LOT more gun for a lot less in more practical and less finicky configurations.

Comment

I agree with you SaltyBass and mgstei1 As far as an overall well rounded gun, you cannot beat Glock. I've seen what they can do and they're great but I'm just obsessed with a 1911 for now especially since I cant afford to buy two handguns at the time!
                1 Corinthians 13

Comment

we can ALWAYS make deal Robalo.

Back way back when, the NRA was selling 1911's for maybe $10 if you joined the NRA. My father, grandfather and his brother all did just that. I have 2 of them and they were made by Remington Rand. A couple of years ago, I bought 3 Rock Island armory 1911 models and gave 2 of them to my sons. I also have a colt defender 45 that will take a 1911 clip and it has a 4'inch barrel.

A 45 will knock down an elephant. all you need is one shot, if you were in close quarters and hit a guys arm it would probably knock his arm off.

If you get the sun behind you at the right angle, you can actually see the bullet fired from one.

Its is in my opinion, the best handgun there is.

Comment

and I also have glocks. theyre good too but way and away the 1911 45 is my favorite

Comment

Thanks JT, for your reasoning, is why my dad carries/ and loves 1911s. And he has passed that on to me now! I am not planning on using it more for sport, so I like the five inch barrel better but I am sure one day I will get a defender or an ultra.
                      1 Corinthians 13

Comment

its probably like me saying Ford is better than Chev, Toyota, dodge etc... theyre all good trucks but ive always been a Ford truck man.

everybody has a different opinion and that's what makes the world go round (except for politics)

Comment

Originally posted by JT View Post
                          its probably like me saying Ford is better than Chev, Toyota, dodge etc... theyre all good trucks but ive always been a Ford truck man.

everybody has a different opinion and that's what makes the world go round (except for politics)
                          You have become my best friend with that!
                          1 Corinthians 13

Comment

Yes , 1911 ACP and FNP .45 ACP . I don't like Glocks ... No Manuel safety . Too many stories of accidental discharge . A long gun on a boat ! A Russkie effective weapon which I prefer over a AR 15 , but , a revolver is dependable and can be with you 24/7 .
                            GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

For boat defense, I use a triangle 5 oz. lead weight and a 7' rod and a reel loaded with 12 pound test. May not have the range of a firearm, but I also won't be 'taking showers with Bubba in Huntsville' for casting at some democrat that came to close to me.
                              "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

Working...
                              X