Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Capt. Mike's Old San Luis Pass Pics

Man,
    I almost forgot how it was at the Pass in the 60's and 70's.

Check out this stringer shot he put on facebook, and of course Mike hisself!
    Attached Files
    "GET OFF MY REEF!"

what a stringer of fish! And hes smiling and doesn't have that cool/ bad look on his face either.

I always think how neat it'd be if you could zap yourself to the Pass in about 1700 AD with todays equipment.

Comment

Originally posted by JT View Post
      what a stringer of fish! And hes smiling and doesn't have that cool/ bad look on his face either.

I always think how neat it'd be if you could zap yourself to the Pass in about 1700 AD with todays equipment.
      Yepp jt , look at that pink lure!
      10x spelling bee champ ...... For a full report go to DEANOKNOWS.COM

Comment

Way cool ! I wish I fished back then in the glory days . As a senior in high school me and two friends fished several times with minimal success . This was 1967 . We finally got discouraged and quit . If only I had a mentor to teach me .
        GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

So. Who is Capt. Mike?

Comment

Capt. Mike Williams, Tarpon Express
            "GET OFF MY REEF!"

Comment

Since the bridge is there in picture that catch had to be in 70's. that area was great back in 60's and at the Boilers. Took horses lots of times and rode the beach between pass and Boilers.I remember the pilings going in for the bridge too. The construction crews ended up with most of our catches. Plug n Shortys and spoons was what we used. Most times before daylight and before school.
              If we were on them than school was forgotten about. Probly why I cant spell or do math.
              Principal was easy to bribe with a chest full of trout.
              "Nobody's so poor that somebody can't get rich screwing 'em."

Comment

Originally posted by kenny View Post
                Capt. Mike Williams, Tarpon Express
                My regards and deepest respect for the man with the 51 mirrolures. Came up with the color scheme of one of my favorites, the Texas chicken. Didn't recognize him at that young age. Ahh, the good old days!

Comment

Working...
                X