Full Moon 4/10/15

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Full Moon 4/10/15

Friday night, my bro and I headed out to our spot on west bay to do a little camp fishin and start our spring off right. While we glided down 45 the thunderheads seemed to follows us until that warm punch of bay air pushed them back giving us a clear sky. Despite this 60% chance of rain and gusts predicted at 20+ knots, we decided to chance it and stay the night, for our will was strong and our determination even stronger. Even though the mosquitos resembled a hellish plague we just deeted up, sparked up some tiki torches, layered ourselves with long sleeves and denim, and through our lines in the water. We caught us a few mud minnows and brought some frozen and dead shrimp.

The first red was caught at 11:15 on nothing other than dead shrimp on the bottom. After the catch and wave of excitement we built us a fire, and when it was stable, continued to fish. At that time the when completely ceased. The moon lit the entire bay, and with the tale end of an outgoing tide and crystal clear water, the fishing was on. My bro bagged another red on some dead squid and I ended up pulling in 2 reds myself with some live mud minnows. It was a peacefully tranquil experience and totally worth waging a war with the mosquito. Tight Lines Everyone!!

Click image for larger version

Name:	good ole fishin.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	67.7 KB
ID:	576219
    Attached Files
    "Our most great and glorious achievement is to live our life fishingly"

Nice job!
    "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

Nice catch but I think you meant 4/3/15
      Mirrolure Pro Staff

Comment

Nice Reds !!

Comment

I wish I could travel to the future and go fishing.
          From 1970-1997, true heaven on Earth existed on the banks of Bayou Cook. "Hey Dad, Thanks for buying the Camp."

Comment

You boys deserve those fish having to be mosquito food and all ...... HAR! The camping out part sounds fun .... Minus the Mosquitos .
            GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Good fishing
              MANVEL MOB

Comment

Traveling into the future is theoretically impossible and borderline madness. I was actually fishing in the present...but then we must have traveled back in time on the way home.
                "Our most great and glorious achievement is to live our life fishingly"

Comment

Good times

Comment

It was fun

Comment

test
                      FPIII

Salt Water Fishn Is My Heritage

Comment

Working...
                      X