Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Texas Wildlife/Environmental/Conservation Organizations

Hey Fellas,

First off, I apologize if this is in the wrong forum. If so, please direct me to the correct one and I will re-post.

I've been a rabid inshore saltwater angler ever since I moved down to New Orleans for college. I subscribe to several great forums for fishing in that area, and I know first hand how helpful they can be for fellow sportsmen.

I'm posting to ask the forum's opinion about any preeminent wildlife/conservation/environmental organizations in the east Texas, Galveston Bay, and Houston areas. I will be in Houston this summer and am trying to identify organizations to apply to for internships, seasonal positions, volunteer work, etc. I really don't know where to begin, or which organizations are worthwhile, so I figured I'd ask fellow sportsmen about which ones would be worth my time.

I'll also be bringing my 'yak, and hope to rip a few lips this summer.

tight lines

Galveston bay foundation, sea center Texas in lake Jackson, moody gardens etc.. I'm sure there's lots of other places.
    Shut up and FISH!!

Comment

That's a noble ambition young man. Good luck with your education and trout fishing!

Comment

Galveston Bay Foundation. Thank you for your efforts and great first post!
        "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

I was wondering the same thing yesterday, having just moved near South Padre Island.

I've seen tons of stickers on trucks for CCA - Coastal Conservation Association - and looked them up. Might be another one for you to check out.

Comment

Galveston Bay Foundation

Comment

NOAA Sea Turtle center, they seem to be always short on help:

Facilities that are home to our science programs throughout the southeast region. We also have researchers, port agents, fisheries observers, and other staff stationed throughout the region.

Good Luck!!
              At his baptism, Sam Houston was told his sins were washed away. He reportedly replied, “I pity the fish downstream.” - Nov. 19, 1854 - Independence, Texas

Comment

Working...
              X