468x80 Banner

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Have a buddies young kids coming to West End this weekend.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have a buddies young kids coming to West End this weekend.

Folks I have a buddy coming in this weekend to visit. He has twin boys that are 5 and a little little girl that is 8. We plan to take them out Saturday (if the weather holds) Saturday afternoon. We are going to let them soak a few croakers. The twins are not to sure about riding in a boat any suggestions where we can take them around Sea Isle? Thanks

Use shrimp instead of croakers.

Comment

Definitely use shrimp on carolina rigs. Also do not over look fishing the canals or pier if they are shy about the boat. Ive caught plenty of fish in the canals or on the pier as a youngster and in recent years

Comment

If you're in sea isle I'd go sit in snake island cove and let them soak shrimp. It's fairly protected in there and close to the house if the weather turns bad.
        Shut up and FISH!!

Comment

Originally posted by Ibtsoom View Post
          If you're in sea isle I'd go sit in snake island cove and let them soak shrimp. It's fairly protected in there and close to the house if the weather turns bad.
          Best advice yet. My friend IBTSOOM comes through again.

Comment

thanks all for the suggestions. Clearly Croaker is not the way to go. We will use shrimp instead. Snake island is also a good first trip destination for these little ones. If we catch fish I will post the pics. I love to watch the little ones catch their first Red or Trout.

Comment

Croaker is ok if you're just looking for trout or reds but those little ones will get burned out quick on that - they need quick action and dead shrimp is your best bet. They don't care if its a hard head or a trout or a croaker - they just want to catch a fish.
              Shut up and FISH!!

Comment

I suggest you get some fresh dead shrimp, peel them out and fish them on a #6 treble hook with a small egg sinker and split shot 12-16" above the hook. If you get into a sand trout bite, keep the smallest for cut bait and use in lieu of the shrimp. Have fun!

Comment

Originally posted by Ibtsoom View Post
                  Croaker is ok if you're just looking for trout or reds but those little ones will get burned out quick on that - they need quick action and dead shrimp is your best bet. They don't care if its a hard head or a trout or a croaker - they just want to catch a fish.
                  Originally posted by H.Maier View Post
                  I suggest you get some fresh dead shrimp, peel them out and fish them on a #6 treble hook with a small egg sinker and split shot 12-16" above the hook. If you get into a sand trout bite, keep the smallest for cut bait and use in lieu of the shrimp. Have fun!

You 2 make me want to go try my hand at some action!! That's how I am, I want to see action and TR's and Croakers and even a large Piggie is better fun than just sitting there.
                  But I always want to use a cork or like the fly fishers call them "Indicators" especially with that age group cause it keeps their little hopes and dreams on something to watch. Me too!! Aint nothing better in life than to see a bobber go under or just wonder off and then tug back and set and feel that hidden fish on the end of that line.

Post some pictures and videos of those kiddos in action if you can BluDawg ! One of lifes little pleasures watching the youngsters nabbing fish and hoopin and hollering.
                  "Nobody's so poor that somebody can't get rich screwing 'em."

Comment

Originally posted by mgstei1 View Post
                    You 2 make me want to go try my hand at some action!! That's how I am, I want to see action and TR's and Croakers and even a large Piggie is better fun than just sitting there.
                    But I always want to use a cork or like the fly fishers call them "Indicators" especially with that age group cause it keeps their little hopes and dreams on something to watch. Me too!! Aint nothing better in life than to see a bobber go under or just wonder off and then tug back and set and feel that hidden fish on the end of that line.

Post some pictures and videos of those kiddos in action if you can BluDawg ! One of lifes little pleasures watching the youngsters nabbing fish and hoopin and hollering.
                    That's how you hook em for life, like we are.
                    "It was the Law of the Sea, they said. Civilization ends at the waterline. Beyond that, we all enter the food chain, and not always right at the top."

Comment

Working...
                    X