Sea Turtle Reported Dead in West Bay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sea Turtle Reported Dead in West Bay

Hats off to the Donna for finding a Sea Turtle. Mike (Explorer21) shot me a text and I gave him the number to report Turtles...

1-866-TURTLE-5

Unfortunatly the turtle was not found alive meaning the cold got to it. We've seen this up and down the coast and also in Florida. Turtle "rescuers" were sent out in force in Florida rescuing frozen and plucking them from water to warm them back up.

An interesting fact is that turtles when it gets this cold die from the inability to breathe, they can no longer lift their necks / heads out of water to breathe and thus drown.

Here's a link to a report done by a Florida guy from the Mud Motor website they saved 6 over the weekend...

Attached Files
    Last edited by WestEndAngler; January 12, 2010, 06:43 PM.
    We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Originally posted by WestEndAngler View Post
    Hats off to the Donna for finding a Sea Turtle. Mike (Explorer21) shot me a text and I gave him the number to report Turtles...

1-866-TURTLE-5

Unfortunatly the turtle was not found alive meaning the cold got to it. We've seen this up and down the coast and also in Florida. Turtle "rescuers" were sent out in force in Florida rescuing frozen and plucking them from water to warm them back up.

An interesting fact is that turtles when it gets this cold die from the inability to breathe, they can no longer lift their necks / heads out of water to breathe and thus drown.

Here's a link to a report done by a Florida guy from the Mud Motor website they saved 6 over the weekend...

http://mudmotortalk.com/mmt_v2/viewt...t=7054&p=73820

Good try Donna, I'll throw you some big time rep for trying!

Good info there Coe. I wonder if they are like humans and sometimes look dead and could actually be brought back...just a thought.
    Last edited by FlatoutFishin; January 12, 2010, 04:41 PM.
    Don't be a Nancy!
    If it smells like fish....you know I've been there!

Comment

Good try Donna.

Comment

Yeah thats too bad I seen a couple of them wading near the pass this year big ones!
        MANVEL MOB

Comment

I know the girl that has to go and get them around here... I'll have to ask her about it.

Comment

Yan, I met her today. She works out of the NOAA facility off 51st street. She was really nice and informative. Can't remember her name.
            LIVIN THE SALT LIFE

Comment

I reported the event and Mike & Donna's discovery to Capt. Joe Kent maybe he'll throw it in the Reel Report as a "be on the lookout" article...

Thanks for the photo and report Mike & Donna!
              We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Nice try Donna and Mike.....That's a shame
                sigpic
                Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

hats off to you mike& donna........... a turtle was my first pet....gotta love the turtles.
                  I LIVE IN A SMALL COMMUNITY WITH A LARGE PROBLEM AND A PROBLEM.

Comment

Good going their Mike and Donna. Ya did the right thing. Thanks!!
                    "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

Congrats on helping the turtle.
                      10x spelling bee champ ...... For a full report go to DEANOKNOWS.COM

Comment

Working...
                      X