west bay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• west bay

I am beginning to journey out into west bay just east of san luis...in front of what I've heard refereed to as the " four condos " area and everything back...Looking for suggestions about where to hit this time of year. Also car accessibility The times ive been out have been in a truck..needing to be able to park a car..Thanks guys....

Welcome to the forum bro!
    Dont forget to introduce yourself in the introductions section.

also check a search on a thread I posted about drive up locations.

lookin forward to tearing em up this early summer.

Comment

If you choose your path right you can make it to back side of the pass by car. You used to be able to park on the road behind those big houses and wade in but a few buddies told me they were given warning tickets. Honestly when fishing there just look for nervous bait/slicks. Tides have a lot to do with fishing down there. Also keep track of when/where you catch fish because the pass changes year to year. I've been wading it for about 8 years now and some spots that used to be really consistent don't produce as well and new spots have popped up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Welcome to the Forum.

parking a vehicle can be tricky in a lot of areas of west bay. If you do park and leave your vehicle... make sure you don't leave anything in it of value... I take everything out of mine and most of the time leave the door unlocked... they don't want the vehicle but they will break windows to get a rod or even tools. anything they can pawn or sell on ebay etc.

As for fishing, the surf will turn and pass will turn on soon. And to add to what's above...don't fish 'dead water' where there is nothing, no life, no anything. Not going to find the trout or reds there. If you need more support in learning what to look for...a skill termed reading the water, a lot of guys on here and on other boards have really benefitted from our TroutSupport DVD's. They show you what to look for and how to react to it. They also show what to ignore, and how to weed out water to get to the productive areas faster. Don't take my word for them, just ask most of the board that have our trout and redfish dvd's. they will help you with the learning curve and get you there much much faster saving you time and money in the long run.

Fill Your Stringer With Quality Fish. Here you will find everything you need to take your inshore fishing game to your next level. Learn how to locate speckled
        TroutSupport.comsigpic

Comment

P.S. just for refference. Here is the map to get out last time we drove to the SLP Gut behind the four condos.
          Click image for larger version

Name:	4-15-2015 3-19-16 PM.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	72.4 KB
ID:	561758

Comment

Working...
          X