North Jetty Galveston

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• North Jetty Galveston

Made first trip to the end of north jetty at galveston, left GYB weaved a few ships , through the cut
    and out we went. SURPRIZE, super crowded and many people with manners of a frog. Not much catching going on
    out there but the fish finder was lit up nicely for a long period of time. pic included, Wife had screaming run on dead shrimp , I though she was going to get spooled while I got my two lines in and secured, she managed to get it close to the boat and that was it for her, I fooled around with it thinking it was going to run again, but nothing doing, must have been a large ray, it broke off trying to get it on the surface to view. I should have thought about checking the side view to see what showed up. Well maybe next time. Line of storms formed just inshore so we were back on trailer by 1pm.
    It you launch at GYB and fish the jetty beware your going to rub elbows with people that shouldn't be using boats or ramps or need a boating class really bad.
    Attached Files

Funny... there are more reports on the other board about the manners of the jetty fisherman. Fishing can be good, but sometimes ...most of the time... I just don't like company. that said, I don't mind fishing from the rocks near the second or 3 bar... no many boats in that area.

Sorry you guys didn't get on more fish.
    TroutSupport.comsigpic

Comment

Welcome to the jetty fishing on a weekend! too bad you didn't catch any. Next time try live scrimps...

Comment

I should have got them before I launched, I was unable to tie up anywhere and go back inside. GLB kinda got me frustrated before I ever backed down the ramp. I will have a better launch next time , due to familiarity with the setup. I seem to attract people
        that like to work on boat or have family parties on the ramp or while blocking ramp. Fishing has huge potential , ill be back.

Comment

Lol! We've all had days like that at the ramp!
          "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

It's a good thing you folks missed fishing the jetties in the 60's & 70's!
            "GET OFF MY REEF!"

Comment

HAR! North Jetty on the weekend ..... Oh happy day .
              GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

....first off.... Them at GYB charging..

OK, I'll keep my mouth shut!

"Planohog", I see you have the HDS9 same as I have. If you were running either the North or the South I have to ask. Do you have sidescan capabilities with your setup?
                Run a good 20' off both and see the chunks of granite with fish holding between the rocks and the Jetty!!

Comment

Working...
                X