468x80 Banner

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should I Go North Or South Of Pelican Island?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should I Go North Or South Of Pelican Island?

This next month I plan some fishing off the Galveston Jetties but will be putting in at Offatts Bayou. The maps show the route from Offatts Bayou to the Jetties closer going South of Pelican Island but this is through the Port Of Galveston. Is there a speed limit there and is this a really dumb idea? Thanks...

No issues but watch the CG and use common sense when running through that area due to boat traffic.
    "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

Easy run through there - Like Robalo said, just pay attention to the boat traffic.
      Shut up and FISH!!

Comment

Either way works fine, and the guys above are correct. Once you get into the shipping lane, watch out for the big swells from the ships, take you time and be careful.
        TroutSupport.comsigpic

Comment

Pay attention to the Ferry boats, they are pretty quick.

Comment

Working...
          X