Blockade Runners Jan. 16th, 17th, and 18th Need bashers/haulers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blockade Runners Jan. 16th, 17th, and 18th Need bashers/haulers

It looks like the weather forecast for Saturday might be improving in the afternoon. So I'm hoping to launch at some point on Saturday. Not sure when yet. I'm playing it by ear with the weather. If it looks good, VJER looks like he can trailer the Mudda down and I'll take the Blockade Runner out on her maiden voyage.

We'll try to get a haul in before dark, then haul and hack all day Sunday and Monday. If anyone can make it, just let me know. I know there's a tourney goin' on on Sunday, but if you ain't fishin' it, we sure could use some help. There's a pic below of what we're looking at getting rid of. We need the entire area cleared and clean by Feb. 1st and this time of year, who knows if we'll have good weather on another weekend.

We need folks for all jobs. Idealy on site at the Ghost Camp, we'd have two chainsaw men and one helper hauling things to the trash pile. Then we'll have one guy (probably me) running the Mudda back and forth with 2 helpers in the Blockade Runner to unload into trucks and run down to the bonfire site. The Mudda will be completely stripped down to use as a hauler. We'll get her full for each load. As soon as the trucks are loaded, I'll head back for another load and so on. VJER will be bringing a chainsaw, but we could always use a backup if you have one.

At this point, it's just me and VJER for the weekend. That means there's one bed available, one mattress for the floor, and we have 2 blow up mattresses. If you only want to come out just for a day, no problem. I'm going to look and see what I can do for food, but I'll for sure have a boil going on Monday and we'll have something for the grill on both nights, maybe some jambalaya too. Just have to figure how many of y'all to cook for.

Even if you just have a few hours to volunteer, we could use the help. Since Saturday is so iffy, it's best to plan to be there Sunday and Monday unless Saturday is your only chance. Just remember out launch time will depend on the weather. The weather for Sunday and Monday will be excellent.

After the Ghost Camp is done and gone, we won't have to worry about deadlines anymore. That means more fun and fishin' time as we work. As of today, 18 days and counting until the deadline. Post up if you can make it. Things are really moving. I can't wait for the party.
    Attached Files
    From 1970-1997, true heaven on Earth existed on the banks of Bayou Cook. "Hey Dad, Thanks for buying the Camp."

No promises Sandy but I'm gonna try hard to be there monday I have a feeling the ghost camp will be gone then and I would love to see that island bare and that monkeywrench behind you. I will call ya fri and let ya know
    MANVEL MOB

Comment

wish i could but im moving out to my new crib in Kingwood this weekend.. i really need to get out on the water..
      Boats and hoes.

Comment

No comment!
        Don't be a Nancy!
        If it smells like fish....you know I've been there!

Comment

Sandy, my Saturday is booked but it might be possible for me to bring my trailer down Sunday to haul off a load for you guys. Just let me know when to meet you at the ramp.
          Pro Staff - Bounty Hunter Turbo Buzz, Creme Lures, New Pro Products, & K9 Fishing Fluorocarbon

Comment

Hope to see you out there sometime Monty and Caz. D-Rock, that would be great. It's a short haul to the destination.
            From 1970-1997, true heaven on Earth existed on the banks of Bayou Cook. "Hey Dad, Thanks for buying the Camp."

Comment

Originally posted by coachlaw View Post
              Hope to see you out there sometime Monty and Caz. D-Rock, that would be great. It's a short haul to the destination.
              Just let me know when.......
              Pro Staff - Bounty Hunter Turbo Buzz, Creme Lures, New Pro Products, & K9 Fishing Fluorocarbon

Comment

Let's say Sunday at 2pm for the trailer. You can get there early and come out to the site if you want, but I'll be sure to have a load ready to throw on at that time. I reckon it will take 3-4 trips to fill that baby up.

Comment

It's gone back to not lookin' so good Saturday. I'm still planning to launch then, but probably later than I was hoping. Unless something changes, there will be no work getting done at all that day. I'll have everything prepared and ready to roll in the early A.M. on Sunday.

Comment

Let me look at my to-do list to see if I can make it out earlier to lend a hand. If I can I'll let you know when a taxi needs to be at the ramp......

Comment

What ramp are you planning on using and where is your camp located?

Comment

Its located off Cold Pass (just W of San Luis Pass) in a bayou called "Titlum Tatlum"

You use the old KOA Public Ramp... West side of San Luis Pass right after the bridge...
                        We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Hi SCHU, our camp is located in Titlum-Tatlum Bayou. The one we are tearing out is located on the corner of Churchill Bayou and Cold Pass. We launch at the old KOA, which is now a Brazoria County park at SLP on the Follet's Island side.
                          Attached Files

Comment

O.k, Coachlaw is your sreen name, what do folks call you? LOL I know, I go by Buddy.
                            How about it WEA? I know where the ramp is. Cold Pass water is pretty deep, how about Titlum Tatlum? Haven't been to that neck of the woods. Let me see how Sunday afternoon shakes out. May be able to break away to lend a hand. Not sure about the boat or not, hate to bring it & get stuck. Someone would have to shuttle me back & forth, cause I can't stay Sunday night. Any suggestions here?

Comment

I call Coach, Coach, I don't know why but it's just easier for me.
                              Yeah, and all the muchachas they call me big pappa, when I throw pesos their way!

Comment

Working...
                              X