San Luis pass BLOWN OUT !!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• San Luis pass BLOWN OUT !!!!

Down to the pass today, 5/9/15 blown out, but did manage 12 in nice flounder, good eats for tonight, other than that Blown Away Heavy cross current !!! Trying again as soon as the weather clears.

Water is surprisingly clear. Caught 2 trout with limited effort in Bastrop Bay today. Lots of bait everywhere. There were shrimp jumping IN my boat last night.
    From 1970-1997, true heaven on Earth existed on the banks of Bayou Cook. "Hey Dad, Thanks for buying the Camp."

Comment

Nice!
      "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

12in flounder huh....Okay! Water was excellent on Southshoreline, catching not so much...2 trout and a rat red!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        Don't be a Nancy!
        If it smells like fish....you know I've been there!

Comment

Hey fishing guy...walk in behind the pass about high tide...about 10:45 yesterday...out by 2:30...throw anything plastic...caught 9 reds yesterday...lost probably half dozen...kept a limit of 20 -21s for the grill...Most were 23 to 26...couldn't find a trout...tides still 1-2 ft high...wind was probably 15 and gusty, but sse so water was in good shape I thought. Check your regs on that 12 inch flattie.
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by OR19 View Post
            Hey fishing guy...walk in behind the pass about high tide...about 10:45 yesterday...out by 2:30...throw anything plastic...caught 9 reds yesterday...lost probably half dozen...kept a limit of 20 -21s for the grill...Most were 23 to 26...couldn't find a trout...tides still 1-2 ft high...wind was probably 15 and gusty, but sse so water was in good shape I thought. Check your regs on that 12 inch flattie.
            HAR ! I think it's a typo ..... He meant 14 inch flounder ..... HAR !
            GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Hey thanks for the report......at least your gear got wet.

Comment

dam and with all that wind ---- howd you do it !!???
                FPIII

Salt Water Fishn Is My Heritage

Comment

i fished chocolate bay friday evening from 430-dark, throwin straight mud minnows under a cork. wind actually died down to 10 knots for a few hours, didn't even feel a breeze when I was back in the marsh for a little while. caught some dinks and a nice 24 inch red. It was pretty slow, slack tide. Water has improved greatly in the bayou and bay.

Comment

Working...
                  X