Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flounder UPDATE from Sea Center

Great News from the Sea Center in Lake Jackson

The incubator room is at about 60% capacity (available tank space) with around 50,000 flounder (~15,000 completely metamorphosed). Normally they would like to stock these fish out into the ponds and allow them to grow out to > 30 millimeters. However due to the cold weather they are unable to do this, so they are doing their best to provide them with the proper nutrition and environmental conditions.

SCT has temporarily stopped spawning flounder but will resume at the end of this month. They are hoping to have some warmer temperatures in February and March for the flounder larvae/fingerlings.

Some of the broodstock donated from the Lutes tournaments have been spawned and they have their offspring that should be ready to stock into Galveston Bay in February or March. Biologist expect to stock over 5,000 fingerlings into Galveston Bay this year if everything goes well.

If you hear of anyone finding flounder in decent numbers please let me or Sea Center know (they all do not migrate out into the Gulf in the fall). Winter time is a great time to collect flounder and trout with regards to survival back to the hatchery.

To everyone here that has helped with the collection of these flounder your hard work is paying back.

Thanks
    FISH CONTROL MY BRAIN

Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Cool! News
      10x spelling bee champ ...... For a full report go to DEANOKNOWS.COM

Comment

what a cool thing to do!
        MANVEL MOB

Comment

Thanks goes to you-you do a lot for fishermen (I'm just waiting for ya to give me some of your fishing spots-BTW-I don't fish for floundies at all).

Good going Bryan!!
          "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

Great news Bryan! Thanks for sharing.
            LIVIN THE SALT LIFE

Comment

Thats awesome, Thanks!!
              Shut up and FISH!!

Comment

Glad is everything is going well, we all appreciate your hard work.

Comment

Your efforts should be tied to taking away 2112's gigger ! Seriously, good work. I love flounder fishing. Get more of those beasties in the water.
                  GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Working...
                  X