Star Tourney?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Star Tourney?

I hope this isn't considered rude like asking a fat lady her weight but I was curious how many of you enter the Star?

Every year...

Comment

Probably most all of us. Regardless as to whether or not you agree with the CCA it'd be a shame to catch a winner and not be entered. I just counter my entry fee as a donation to another organization.
      Shut up and FISH!!

Comment

Originally posted by Ibtsoom View Post
        Probably most all of us. Regardless as to whether or not you agree with the CCA it'd be a shame to catch a winner and not be entered. I just counter my entry fee as a donation to another organization.
        Ah,, ok that's what I figured. I have to be honest I am not very familiar with the issues that have so many against the CCA. I remember back in the day almost every gulf coast fisherman had a GCCA sticker on their rigs. I'm guessing when they went from GCCA to CCA something political went down....?

Comment

I go in every year...tag hunter
          sigpic

Comment

Not me. I release all my trout over 9 pounds.

I don't care for CCA-was fine with GCCA but got too big and top heavy and IMO lost focus of its purpose.
            "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

Enter every year. I to am interested in why the support (for some) has fallen out of favor of the CCA.

Comment

Originally posted by BlueDawg View Post
                Enter every year. I to am interested in why the support (for some) has fallen out of favor of the CCA.
                Me also BD. I don't understand exactly what happened.

Comment

Unless you're a licensed charter captain(they can't enter a fish in the tourney), you'd be ignorant not to enter.
                  "If our father had his say, nobody who did not know how to catch a fish would be allowed to disgrace a fish by catching him." Norman Maclean, from A River Runs Through It

Comment

We had a couple tag reds brought into the marina because we are an official weigh station for them. One had entered and one wasn't. I'm guessing the $75k red that wasn't entered tasted dammm good.

And you're correct ghsmacker

Comment

I enter..... I just can't seem to get that 10lb trout or a tagged red.

Comment

Originally posted by Robalo View Post
                        Not me. I release all my trout over 9 pounds.

I don't care for CCA-was fine with GCCA but got too big and top heavy and IMO lost focus of its purpose.
                        That's me!! I haven't entered since the GCCA went away. CCA not getting a dime out off me tournament or not as they have screwed us over time and time again!!!
                        Pro Staff - Bounty Hunter Turbo Buzz, Creme Lures, New Pro Products, & K9 Fishing Fluorocarbon

Comment

I enter every year. You get (two) $10 off coupons from Academy and a year of magazines from Texas Fish and Game.
                          That help's offset the cost.
                          And hey.....you just never know what's going to bite you hook.

Comment

Originally posted by JT View Post
                            We had a couple tag reds brought into the marina because we are an official weigh station for them. One had entered and one wasn't. I'm guessing the $75k red that wasn't entered tasted dammm good.

And you're correct ghsmacker
                            I cooked it in a courtbuillion with a mix of Rhinoceros Horn and ground Elephant Ivory. Roy served some of it as an appetizer upstairs in the restaurant. Dayummm tasty.
                            "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

Originally posted by bountyhunter View Post
                              That's me!! I haven't entered since the GCCA went away. CCA not getting a dime out off me tournament or not as they have screwed us over time and time again!!!
                              Way to prove a point! You'll show them if you are lucky enough to catch one.

Comment

Working...
                              X