Question about Guides

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about Guides

Hopefully the brain trust here can help me out, I believe I have read there are guides in the Galveston Bay area that will allow customers to use their own boats and will teach safe navigation routes in the bay? I'm not looking for fishing spots, my main concern is, since I fish with my kids, I don't want to have a bad experience with them.

Do guides do these type of trips, I would assume all responsibility, just attempting to cut my learning curve of the bay down.

I have the hook and line maps and a Lowrance HDS 9, I would like to lay down some trails with an experience guide.

Any help is greatly appreciated and if this is unheard of, I completely understand and will take it slow as I learn.

Thanks,

J

I think Jim West- Bolivar Guide Service will accommodate you. Of course it'll be with lures in East Galveston bay.

Comment

I would pick a guide that uses live bait if you are taking the kids since it is a bit simpler than teaching the kids how to cast lures. After they catch the bug move them to lure fishing. Some of these guides can teach very well. You will probably get some good guide recommendations from WA members. Good luck!
      Fishwhisperer

Comment

For a navigation trip go to the homepage, right column, and click on "Need a Fishing Guide?" button. Great guides and contact info.
        have a good trip!
        TDFT Certified Weighmaster

Comment

PM sent
          sigpic

Comment

look up David Harris, outta bolivar or bayou vista .... hes good, at least the fb threads he posts are
            FPIII

Salt Water Fishn Is My Heritage

Comment

I know, Greg Francis, George Knighten and Steve Soule have all run trips like this in the past. You might contact them and discuss with them.

Comment

Pm flapper and have home take you to all of hogies honey holes for free

Comment

Originally posted by Gilbert View Post
                  Naw dude!![emoji90]
                  MANVEL MOB

Comment

Originally posted by Gilbert View Post
                    I might pay double for this^^^!

Sent from my iPhone

Comment

A BIG thank you for your help...were looking forward to learning and have a blast fishing the bay.

Y'all have a fun, safe Memorial Day Holiday Weekend!!!

J

Comment

I had Capt. Steve Soule do that exact thing years ago for West Bay . West Bay and ancillary smaller bays have the most boating hazards of all the major Galveston Bays .
                        GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Steve S, Greg F, Glenn S, George N, Thomas B, very nice Captions that will work with you.
                          We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Ditto on Steve Soule. Very nice guy that can get the job while having fun. You will like him.
                            Fishwhisperer

Comment

Working...
                            X