Dickenson bay, Moses flood gates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dickenson bay, Moses flood gates

Did anyone else fish these areas yesterday 5-25? Just wondering what was caught by others.
    Green grass and high tides forever
    Mike Mathena

I was out Friday morning for a couple hours. Must have had a front blow througth Thursday night as the conditions went from very nice Thursday morning to terrible Friday morning. I left the ramp at moses heading out to the gate only to find dirty water everywhere. The tide was ripping in through the gate so I turned it around, found a leeward shore line, dropped the drift sock and found a gaff top bite. After four of those bruisers I hauled it to the house. If I could have got out to dollar reef I would have done better, I think.

Comment

Great job, Friday unable to get out of clear lake channel, to messed up, found a few croaker around the bridge and up past the fuel dock. Home by 10am.

Comment

With all the runoff from the swollen rivers and bayous, common sense should tell us that speckled trout are going to look for salty water. mid bay reefs and close access to the gulf should be better spots. If you've caught trout off the beach front and noticed the extra pull in the fight, attribute it to the salty water. Redfish and flounder, not so much.

Comment

I was hoping that the bay around the flood gates would be holding salty water. I believe east bay and around SLP is gonna be the only salty areas. With all the rivers that flow to our bay system just back under crest we are gonna have a sweet water bay for atleast another week.
          I'm going to halls bayou today.
          Mike Mathena

Comment

Good luck. The bass fishing may be the ticket.

Comment

If you're looking for salt water Hall's is probably not a good choice.

SLP gets a lot of fresh water from Chocolate Bayou.

Plenty of salty water around. All of mid and upper W. Bay should be good. Look at a map and identify drainages.

Comment

I didn't taste a hint of saltiness in halls just past the last camp from the lake on Saturday morning.
                Tight Lines

Comment

We ended up going past halls bayou on 2004 and went to chocolate, it was fresh also, didn't even seen a mullet.
                  I have never been to east bay, from what i understand its shallow with allot of reefs. Not to mention a long boat ride.
                  Mike Mathena

Comment

East bay is not shallow and it has a lot of deep reefs.

Comment

Jetties and mouth of passes-rest is plain water.
                      "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

Fished the gate this afternoon, one gafftop. Gate was almost all the way down, then they raised it.

Comment

Working...
                        X