Offshore Trip Question , Help needed. SOS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Offshore Trip Question , Help needed. SOS

I am attempting to book an offshore trip for my girlfriend's dad, her brother, my brother, and one other. Total up to 6 maybe 5 or even 4 depending on circumstances. My gf's dad wants to hook up on tuna. The brother wants to go out of Freeport for grouper, kings, and jacks. I have heard that Venice is the place to go for tuna but the drive, plus boat ride, is a bit demanding. I am an inshore shallowsport angler dude, so I care less about offshore fishing but I do want a successful trip.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Known captains or locations that a family could hook up a fun trip would be awesome.

Open to any location in TX or LA --

Thanks for your valuable opinions.
    FPIII

Salt Water Fishn Is My Heritage

Venice is the answer for Tuna and all the species you are looking for. The boat ride to the tuna grounds is not that bad out of Venice. Most of the guides have boats that can get 50 to 60 miles offshore within an hour of hour and a half. I have fished inshore in Venice as well worth the trip. Last July we brought home 80 lbs of Ahi tuna. Be aware that the guides price for the trip PLUS fuel cost. It is not a cheap trip at all.

Click image for larger version

Name:	tuna venice.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	66.8 KB
ID:	561980

Comment

Capt Mike Jennings - Cowboy charters out of Freeport for grouper / kings / jacks etc.. .
      Cowboy Charters In Galveston Texas TX Is A Fishing Charter And Deep Sea Fish Adventure Offering First Class Guided Fishing For Your Gulf Coast Trip.

Tell him Mike Stephenson recommended him to you.. pretty sure it'll get you absolutely nothing. LOL

Venice is indeed the place to go for yellowfin. I have a trip booked over there in a few weeks with http://www.outerlimitcharters.com/index.htm

Shut up and FISH!!

Comment

I fish out of Venice a couple times a year and have been for many years. There is no better place for quantity, variety, and shear size of the fish in that area in the Gulf. Yes it is pricey but you do get what you pay for. The time of year makes a big difference on what it is you want to target with October being the best month if you are interested in the widest variety of mixed bag...big Tuna run is mid Feb through early March but many yellow fin stay the year. IN Oct they also have a massive cobia run and that is fun fishing I promise. Oct you will find wahoo, mako, AJ, cobia, tuna, and bill fish.

When I go I often am with folks who want to fish inshore as well and you will HAMMER the trout and reds to the tune of a hundred fish if you want.

The best offshore guide in the area is Capt Hunter with Paradise Outfitters. He runs two huge cats that also provide the smoothest rind you will find. If you want a day in the marsh chasing trout and reds contact Capt Brandon with Reel Shot.

After many years down there and many guides I firmly believe that the two I suggest are the best on the water down there
        sigpic

Comment

Thanks a bunch fellas! Keep the feedback coming, I appreciate yalls help !
          FPIII

Salt Water Fishn Is My Heritage

Comment

Working...
          X